Exhaustion or something else?

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

Just wanted to ask for some experience and words of wisdom.
I know tiredness is normal in pregnancy, especially Tri3, but to what extreme?

At the moment, the exhaustion I'm feeling is absolutely dire. It had been I was waking up and was okay for an hour or two but then had to lay down, but now I'm waking up and feeling completely drained 5 minutes later.

Napping makes it 100% times worse, but now I'm just giving in to it. So I probably nap for an hour, wake for two, nap for an hour, wake for two an so on all day. I'm feeling like a zombie, can't focus, barely string a sentence together or keep my eyes open - and generally feel like I've been drugged.

The main issue I have is that I suffer from CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) - which feels the same as this. I was coping quite well with it before pregnancy and it had taken a back burner, but now I'm unsure whether this is pregnancy related or I've relapsed with the illness?

Can anyone relate to this extreme drowsiness and exhaustion? It's debilitating at the moment.

Have u had your iron levels checked? Could be that which is making you feel so poo!

Have u had your iron levels checked? Could be that which is making you feel so poo!

Yes, everything is perfect. Was kinda hoping there'd be something wrong so I could fix it, but no...

You should ring the gp as they would check your iron levels and if it's not that then they could look into what is causing it X

I'd drop into the gp if you're unsure and it's having a bad effect. I've suddenly started feeling it again now in tri 3 - in tri 1 I could barely stay awake at work (and did actually drift off a few times!) and then would to be asleep on the couch soon after finishing work. Having a lot of insomnia at night too which doesn't help with daytime zombie-ism! Roll on mat leave, eh? ;-)

I was similar in tri 3 with my daughter and would often fall asleep eating my breakfast. Haven't got any words of wisdom I'm afraid.

Do you think you could've just gotten into a habit now? Have you tried keeping yourself up and just making sure you get a full nights sleep?

I've been there and can end up a vicious circle if not controlled.

Hope you manage to settle it soon xx

I would say get iron levels checked but as a whole from around 31-35 weeks I felt dire. I was constantly exhausted and lethargic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back