Exhaustion and nausea.

Rainbowgirl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and 9 weeks pregnant. Looking for some advice...

I've had terrible nausea since week 6 of my pregnancy and feeling very tired, all normal symptoms of being pregnant. This week however the nausea has been lasting all day and Im finding I'm vomiting and dry wretching a lot more with terrible dizziness. I would say this is the first week I've found going to work unbearable and today I've had to call in sick which I feel terrible about.

I've made an appointment with my GP tomorrow and my mum and husband have both said I need to take a week off as right now performing even simple tasks like going for a shower are seeming impossible.

Has anybody else been feeling like this? I feel awful for moaning but I really just feel I'm unable to cope at the moment. My work don't know I'm pregnant but I think I will need to tell them when I go back.

Any advice would be really helpful! I've literally just lay in bed stressing about this all day.

:(

Welcome to the club :) there are quite a few of us feeling this way I've been signed off work until 7th Oct I find anything more than lying down a nauseous chore. I'm currently on anti sickness pills dhich are helping a bit.today I've actually not been sick and I managed to wash the pots just. I'm just exhausted all the time! Speak to your gp to get some pills and tell your boss as pregnancy related illness can't go as a bad mark against you. X good luck

Thanks Eryinera that makes me feel a lot better. I just feel of my doctor was to give me a week off a huge weight would be off my shoulders as the thought of getting out of bed is just too much at the moment. What did the GP sign you off with?

I'm off with something called Hyperemesis gravidarum. Basically excessive sickness in pregnancy.

I am another one of the sufferers. I have been signed off until the 10th and I think I will need more. I can't do anything. Even turning over in bed makes me feel dizzy. Take the time you need, the dr will sign you off xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back