Exhausted

Copterpops

Reaction score
Our gorgeous girl was born last Friday, and breastfeeding is going reasonably well. We are now at a point where she feels like she is feeding non stop, and to top it off, isn't willing to go down for a sleep between feeds. She always seems to look for more when she gets put down and will scream blue murder until she is offered more.

I'm exhausted. Any advice, or help greatly appreciated. I need sleep between feeds!!

Ooh, congrats. I didn't realise you'd had her.
Is she just a week old?

Well, you could try co sleeping. Otherwise maybe your OH or a friend or relative will hold her whilst you sleep? She won't like being put down alone I am guessing. I always found mine slept best actually on me (either in arms, in a sling, or laid on my chest).

She had a great night a couple of nights ago. Fed, and went straight off to sleep. That was the night my breasts were quite engorged with the kill coming in. They haven't been like it once, and now she won't sleep.

OH takes her, but she hasn't slept for him either. We are both exhausted. I am just being used as a comforter, and my poor new mum boibs can't handle it. My niplles are so cracked and painful.

You need to see someone (like a BF peer supporter or LLL leader etc) as frequency of feeds don't make nipples sore or cracked, it's most likely you need a slight tweak to her positioning or some tips on how to make sure she's latching well.

Can you try applying Lansinoh between feeds and leaving them to air-dry? :)

Good luck!

As for sleeping, could your mum or someone sit with her or maybe take her out in a sling or the pram for half an hour or so after a feed so you can rest?
Fresh air and movement often helps them fall asleep and may help her go a little bit longer between feeds so she's not snacking and takes more at the next feed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back