Exercise?

Aprilxxx

Reaction score
So my whole life I’ve been super active. Pre pregnancy I would complete 4 high intensity workouts a week, walk everywhere I could and in general was just really fit.

I’m now 8 weeks + 2 and haven’t gone the gym yet.
I know it’s okay to workout during pregnancy but I’m extremely nervous about it due to having two losses.
I’m not bothered about my appearance - I know I’m pregnant and I’m going to lose my toned figure and I welcome that but exercise has always made me feel good and gave me something to focus on when I’m worried.

Was just wondering how many of you ladies have continued to exercise?

I couldn't exercise at all in the first trimester unless you count running to the loo to throw up! Then I started getting back into in the 2nd trimester, had a bleed and ended up on modified bed rest for a couple of weeks. Finally in tri 3 I'm walking again (the doctor gave me the OK) about 5km a day and hoping to start swimming and yoga again soon. I hear staying fit helps you cope with labour and you can push more efficiently if you still have some muscle tone so that's my motivation. But don't put too much pressure on yourself in the first trimester especially if you are feeling sick

I couldn't exercise at all in the first trimester unless you count running to the loo to throw up! Then I started getting back into in the 2nd trimester, had a bleed and ended up on modified bed rest for a couple of weeks. Finally in tri 3 I'm walking again (the doctor gave me the OK) about 5km a day and hoping to start swimming and yoga again soon. I hear staying fit helps you cope with labour and you can push more efficiently if you still have some muscle tone so that's my motivation. But don't put too much pressure on yourself in the first trimester especially if you are feeling sick
Sorry to hear you’ve had it tough so far but glad things are looking up!

I am feeling to sick to go currently but would love to get back into it if I can

With my first I tried to keep running but it just made me feel so sick! I swam about 3x a week in the end. They are well cushioned and as long as your body is used to exercise you should be fine. Maybe decrease the intensity a bit though. X

Walking and swimming are my go to exercises anyway, so I'll just keep those up as much as I feel like it. Tri 2 can open up pregnancy yoga, etc but in tri 1 just take it easy. Technically you can still exercise as much as you did before as your body is used to is but I'd consider changing the type of activity to more low impact stuff, gentle aerobic rather than resistance.

Thanks for all the insight ladies!!

When I feel better I’ll try something light and go from there xxx

Thanks for all the insight ladies!!

When I feel better I’ll try something light and go from there xxx

When I was pregnant with my first, I did CrossFit til about 6 months until I got SPD and could not go on due to the extreme pain in my hips after a wod. The worst was when I would weightlift.
I stopped doing any kind of exercise from then til birth 2 months later.
Just listen to your body.
If you are used to doing high intensity work outs, then go for it! You will be extremely sore though if you haven't done a thing in 4 weeks!
The only thing my doctor said to avoid, is to go to the extreme. No beating personal records, no exercising until you are exhausted, and try to stay at a "talking" level. If you can still have a conversation, you're good. Otherwise your body temperature can raise too much and cause brain damage. That's what the doctor told me anyways.

Good luck with the pregnancy!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back