Exercise

MrsDuckie

Reaction score
Hey all, hope you're having a great Christmas!

What's everyone's thoughts on exercise in the first trimester? My usual weekly routine is yoga, kettlebell and boxercise. I think yoga and boxercise will be fine but maybe to drop kettlebell as it's using weights? What does everyone else think or do yourself?

Thanks.

Mrs Duckie x

I think that's probably wise. I doubt there's anything wrong with kettlebells particularly but I know I've had some sciatic type pain already and all the jerking of kettlebells would probably make me a bit nervous about it. The advice generally seems just to not overdo it and if you're a regular of it already then you should be able to spot when you need to ease off. I am getting back into running after an injury so am definitely being cautious about it.

Everything I've read says you're ok to keep doing what you've been doing prior to conceiving as long as you listen to your body and stop when you feel you need.

As Lunababy said, you can continue doing what you were doing prepregnancy, but do tell your fitness instructor or gym instructor as they will advise what to avoid or be careful of. Things like squats would be out, because your groin and hip muscles loosen in pregnancy and you can go too far and injure yourself without realising

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! Plan on letting my instructors know! Plus my massage therapist. Pregnancy massage is ok too, isn't it? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back