Exercise during pregnancy

MrsK1986

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I'm not the most active person going 😬 but I quite fancy trying to be as healthy as possible during my pregnancy and whilst il try eating all the right foods (cravings permitting lol) I would love to exercise to. Any ideas of safe exercisies? Also I would love to do pregnancy yoga does any one go to classes that are in Essex that they would recommend or a did if there is one out there?

Any suggestions welcome 😃

Should have said I don't want to go exercise mad! Just gentle exercise as my body isn't really used to exercise and I don't want to over do it.

If you're not used to it be careful. Try some nice walks or swimming is very good for you, just take it easy and work up

Yea I definitely don't want to go mad, swimming sounds good and relaxing too!! Might give that a try ��

Walking. I can't run at they minute as in just too tired. I used to run 2-3 times a week before finding out but I'm going to try lots of walking.

Pregnancy yoga sounds good, I've been thinking about getting a dvd so I can just chill out at home and do it. Supposed to help in labour too x

Walking sounds good to I couldn't really run before being pregnant so I doubt I could do it now lol!! But walking might be nice. Fairy princess have you heard of any good pregnancy yoga DVDs?

I've been looking into aquanatal classes, will as my mw at next appointment if they're helpful. Xx

Walking sounds good to I couldn't really run before being pregnant so I doubt I could do it now lol!! But walking might be nice. Fairy princess have you heard of any good pregnancy yoga DVDs?

No, i was just going to read the reviews on Amazon as they're pretty reliable. Will let you know if I decide to get one x

You should stay with the same level of exercise as you did before you were pregnant, if you belong to a gym ask for guidance... Basically I was told nothing too high impact, no weight training and to be careful with abdominal exercises.

I would stick to walking and swimming type exercises... Also bear in mind you don't want to get too hot and you don't want yo tire yourself out

Last edited:
I was yesterday on my yoga class and there was one pregnant girl practising with us. She used to practice yoga a lot before she got pregnant and said that they adviced her not to stop, just to be careful. She asked the yoga instructor which exercises are not good for her and she just skipped some during the class.
So I'm sure I will also practice yoga in that way when I'll get pregnant... of course with the permission of my doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back