Exercise during pregnancy

Clarebear123

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am now 12 weeks pregnant! Had my scan today and all looking good. Is everyone out there still exercising and how much?

I used to run 3 times a week, but finding it hard to motivate myself. Just did 5km and soooo much slower than pre pregnancy. Want to stay fit, as I know this is better or me and the baby.

X

I was still mountain biking until 33 weeks - as long as you don't overdo it you should be fine x

From what i've heard, if you did it before you were pregnant, you should be able to continue during xxx

I've been trying to do body pump and run, but have felt awful so have been a bit crap. I'm hoping that I can get back in the swing of it once the first trimester sickness is out of the way, don't want to lose all my pre-pregnancy hard work! x

Yeah that is what I am hoping. I have worked so hard over the last five years to run half marathons and last year I did the national 3 peaks challenge. I was the fittest I have ever been, so although I am so happy to be pregnant, I really don't want to lose all that.

I need to start exercising. I am overweight (never found the motivation after having my son to get back to exercisin etc) and really don't want to gain 3st like I did with Harrison. I can't afford to. Do you thjnk it would it be safe to start swimming once a week? Even though I didn't do it pre-pregnancy? I plan I waiting a few weeks until I know this is a sticky bean before starting :)

XxX

I've been trying to do body pump and run, but have felt awful so have been a bit crap. I'm hoping that I can get back in the swing of it once the first trimester sickness is out of the way, don't want to lose all my pre-pregnancy hard work! x

When you went to pump what did your instructor advise? I am only 5 weeks and gonna go to pump on Monday.......

xx

Kaede,
I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem but speak to your doctor/midwife first as you don't want to overdo it xxx

Last edited:
I need to start exercising. I am overweight (never found the motivation after having my son to get back to exercisin etc) and really don't want to gain 3st like I did with Harrison. I can't afford to. Do you thjnk it would it be safe to start swimming once a week? Even though I didn't do it pre-pregnancy? I plan I waiting a few weeks until I know this is a sticky bean before starting :)

XxX

My doc said to do the same amount of exercise that I usually do and to continue with that without overdoing it too much. I don't do exercise (apart from walking my dog and he's only got little legs so it's less than a couple of miles a day!) so the doc said that extending the walks so they're longer would be fine or doing something like swimming which is gentle on the body. In fact she said swimming was really good to do. So I reckon it would be fine to start swimming and start off slowly / not doing too much and then slowly build it up. x

I just had my midwife round. My husband kept on asking about the exercise(as I think he was worried about the effect it might have on the baby).
She said I could run all the way up to giving birth, depending on what I can manage. She also advised me to swim as it is good whilst pregnant.
I think it is so important to be fit and ready to give birth. I hope it helps me get back to my original size afterwards too.

I will dedo start swimming or some aqua stuff too - they do a "dunk your bump" class at my gym! :)

xx

When you went to pump what did your instructor advise? I am only 5 weeks and gonna go to pump on Monday.......

xx

There's a leaflet made by les mills regarding how to change your workout slightly when pregnant. If you ask your instrutor they should be able to get hold of one for you.
To be honest there aren't many changes, just widen your stance etc... and put your bench on an incline when you get bigger. I haven't told my instrutor that I am pregnant, she just knows that it was on the cards. I'd better tell them next time I go. Probably some health and safety rules that I am breaking! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back