Exercise after section

Melissa Sian

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering those who have had sections - how long was it before you got back into exercise and what kind?

I am desperate to get back to jogging but have been told to leave it another few weeks (DS now 8 wks old). I feel totally fine and am walking upto 6 miles a day with school runs and when I wasn't allowed to drive after the section. Curious as to others experiences and would welcome anyone's advice.

Many thanks
Melissa x :)

Last edited:
I had a section around 10 months ago now. Ive only just started to properly exercise ( because I've been lazy) I think after your 6 week check you can start to exercise but just take it slowly and build yourself up. My scar felt comfortable enough to exercise after 6 weeks but I've just done a lot of walking up until now xxx

Honestly I know it's really hard but wait a few months, I made the mistake of jogging and exercising to soon and I made myself poorly... It's so hard I know, I'm 6 month post section and ive just started to get back into it now as I feel ready, I know now I didn't feel ready back then I was just desperate to get rid of my mummy tummy and cellulite lol xxx

I didn't have a csection, had a 2nd degree tear and felt completely fine at 6 weeks with all bleeding having stopped. I decided to go along to a football training session and I found out the hard way it was too much too soon. I ended up starting my bleeding again and ended up in hospital with the most severe migraine I had ever had. I've still not gone back to exercise at 9 weeks now

I would wait till 12 weeks at least. I felt good pretty quickly after my section but also learned the hard way that things do take time to heal despite how you may be feeling if you do too much too soon xx

Thanks for the advice. I have post natal check next week ... Will be 10wks post section. Think I'll hold out till then and speak with gp. I'm getting really frustrated at the state of my body but just can't seem to get me head into healthy eating!

I'm a stone heavier than before I got pregnant ... Is this normal? I'm feeling huge!!! X x

Thanks for the advice. I have post natal check next week ... Will be 10wks post section. Think I'll hold out till then and speak with gp. I'm getting really frustrated at the state of my body but just can't seem to get me head into healthy eating!

I'm a stone heavier than before I got pregnant ... Is this normal? I'm feeling huge!!! X x

I put on 3 stone during pregnancy, still got a stone & half to lose. I feel massive compared to what I was. I had c section too & am worry about over exerting myself x

I put on 4 stone during pregnancy and still have 2 stone to lose, none of my old clothes fit but it is coming off slowly, about 2lbs a week, im doing it healthily rather than crash diets etc, ive learnt over time that they don't work! Ive not managed to completely get back into fitness yet because of a knee injury and im also back at work so its hard to find the time! I think when my LO is a bit older it will be easier to find the time, he's still so dependant. A healthy body is made 70% in the kitchen and 30% in the gym lol. Ive found eating healthy is really helping to get rid of the extra lbs xxx

My lo is now 4mths and I'm back at pre pregnancy weight, down to eating and walking. Unfortunately I still have a stone to go to get back to my pre pregnancy weight from before my eldest and how I'll shift my overhang I don't know :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back