Excruciating headache

KeelyT90

Reaction score
I'm not sure if die to dehydration, hormones or what but my skull feels like it's being crushed in a vice. Every movement I make its like I'm being hit in the head with a brick.
Awful!
I just struggled up the stairs, then sat at the top for 5 mins crying like a baby because it's hurting so much!

:wall2:

Not feeling 100% at all today.

I have been the same recently. I seem to struggle with excruciating headaches every few days. Only started a few weeks ago, I'm 18.5weeks pregnant now.

They seem to disappear by evening though, worse in the afternoon. I make sure I drink loads and eat well, there doesn't seem much logic to it tbh.

Last edited:
Had a headache like that for 5 days nothing helped I think it was down to dehydration and the weather, once it started to thunder the headache stopped

I had this around 16 weeks, felt like I couldn't lift my head off the pillow.. The only thing I found that helped was putting a cold wet cloth across my forehead and lying in bed. Hope you feel better soon xx

I had these too during the end of tri 1 and start of tri 2. My midwife said they would pass and that they are fairly common the first few weeks of tri 2. Paracetamol didn't touch the pain but I found the forehead strips were fantastic for the pain along with lying down xx hope they pass quickly for you xx

Keely I had them too, cold compress on the head, lots of water room temp not cold and a dark room. Sleeping always helped to ease the pain. Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks everyone. Last night was bloody awful. Never felt anything like it. I drank 2 pints of water and had an early night. Woke up much better! Guessing it's common then xx

Same here when I was 16 weeks as well, not something I knew about beforehand, would have prepared as it's the same sort of hormone headache I used to have a a teenager and later during very stressful episodes.

Hiya. I had this yesterday..I thought my head would explode!! Started off as a niggly headache which just got worse but late afternoon I was in agony holding my head. Went to bed at 5pm last night and just rested and drank loads of water. Seems to be a but better this morning just hope it doesn't come back. I'm at the midwife this morning so will let her know xx

Hiya. I had this yesterday..I thought my head would explode!! Started off as a niggly headache which just got worse but late afternoon I was in agony holding my head. Went to bed at 5pm last night and just rested and drank loads of water. Seems to be a but better this morning just hope it doesn't come back. I'm at the midwife this morning so will let her know xx
I felt it coming on again yesterday tea time..... drank a pint of water and took some paracetamol, it worked this time. Caught it just in time I think! Horrible isn't it x

How's your blood pressure? I'd be concerned about excruciating pain. X

I had terrible terrible head aches at the beginning, no sickness but lots of migraines. I used forhead, paracetamol and the doctors gave me something stronger but told me not to use it often as baby could be born addicted to it. I did take it but only when it was absolutely needed. Go to your doctor hun and get something. It's important you look after yourself and a few pain killers won't hurt baby if you take them when needed. Forhead also helped and that is pain killer free. X

How's your blood pressure? I'd be concerned about excruciating pain. X
Had blood pressure taken Friday 106/60. She said the lower end of normal so make sure I keep fluids up. But I only quizzed it because I keep having dizzy spells. X

I had terrible terrible head aches at the beginning, no sickness but lots of migraines. I used forhead, paracetamol and the doctors gave me something stronger but told me not to use it often as baby could be born addicted to it. I did take it but only when it was absolutely needed. Go to your doctor hun and get something. It's important you look after yourself and a few pain killers won't hurt baby if you take them when needed. Forhead also helped and that is pain killer free. X
I don't want to take anything else. I'm already on cocodamol for my hips you see x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back