Excited about the birth

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by buggy1, Jul 1, 2013.

1. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if I am odd or whether anyone else is excited about the labour & birth? :eh:

I know we are all excited to see our babies at long last but I'm actually quite looking forward to the whole experience. Provided it goes fairly smoothly of course!

I'm looking forward to experiencing what it all feels like and seeing how I cope. I also think giving birth is such a cool thing to be able to do, I feel so lucky :)

Does anyone else feel like this?

2. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

kind of yes. I'm not that scared, more intrigued and excited. Esp as I plan the whole homebirth thing...I know it's going to be super painful but somehow very amazing too. eeeeeeeeeep!
    xx

3. tilly16

tilly16 Well-Known Member

Me!! I can't wait not knowing when it's going to happen what it's going to feel like how I'm going to cope and holding my baby in my arms at the end of it xxx

4. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Yes! I cant wait. People ask if im scared etc. But no, im just excited to bw at home when things start happening (hopefully) and go to the hospital with my bags and car seats and experience the wonderful thing called labour and child birth! Eek! Can not wait to see what contractions feel like and to get that feeling of love when I see my baby for the very first moments! :-D xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

5. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

Ah good, I'm not that strange then. It's going to be the best day of my life! I can't wait x

6. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

It's wonderful you feel so positive I'm on two minds I'm part petrified I won't be able to cope and part excited to have the experiance lol that probably makes no sense at all!!!!

7. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

No, it does. I think it is normal to be scared x

8. Bellarina

Bellarina Well-Known Member

Ye im excited aswell....about the whole experience. .... The labour the birth and finally holding him :) cant wait xxx

9. LynseyM

LynseyM Well-Known Member

yea i feel the same so excited. my last birth was an amazing experience and i wanted to totally embrace this one. its so empowering and the pain seems bad at the time bht the minute its over u forget. im just gutted that my lo in breech just now and im hoping so much she will turn so i can get the natural pain relief free labour i was hoping for!

10. .Ruth.

.Ruth. Well-Known Member

I am SO excited!! I don't even care about the pain etc... I want to get into my zone and just do it haha

I'm really intrigued as to what it feels like

11. Vicm

Vicm Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one!! I cant wait to experience the whole birth thing. I am not scared at all. I know it will hurt but I just cant wait for it.

12. jadeflorence

jadeflorence Well-Known Member

I'm really excited about the birth! Not thinking about the pain at all just concentrating on the fact that I will be meeting my baby! :) xx

13. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

I am excited especially about meeting baby but got to admit about being a little apprehensive as well - but that's cos I know what to expect lol and I really hate the pushing stage. Not worried about the pain of contractions at all, I just really hate the pressure you get down below when it's time to push and that's not even painful, just uncomfortable so don't really know why I dislike that bit so much lol. Also I'm gonna miss being pregnant - gonna miss my bump and feeling bubba moving around so trying to savour these last few weeks - though you'd never believe it with all the moaning I seem to do lmao :-D xx

14. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I should be making the most of having her all to myself for the last bit, once she pops out I'll have to share her :(

15. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

I'm feeling more nervous that anything. I tend to go through phases. I think now I have 5 weeks to go, I'm realising its not that far to go. Eeek. I thought my antenatal classes would make me feel worse about it when we learnt about the different stages, but I actually felt a little better.

16. Heres Hoping

Heres Hoping Well-Known Member

Im the same ladies, im curious about the pain & what a contraction will feel like, sound like a sadist lol. Bet il change my mind when its all happening though. got first ante natal class tonight so i will prob be more terrified after that. I just hope i get to experience it & have a normal delivery, reallllly want to avoid a c section!! Baby better get its ass in gear & move right way round in the nxt few weeks! x

17. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

I'm totally excited, I can just imagine what me and hubby will be like when we actually go to hospital to have a baby, don't get me wrong ill be nervous and scared but defo more excited than anything else....... Wonder if we'll all be saying this half way through haha, probably ;-) xx