EWCM testing??

CockerMum

Reaction score
When do you start 'looking' for ewcm, how and how often. Do you start bd'ing as soon as you find it?

Thank you :) xx

I just check the tissue every time I wipe lol... if you use Fertility app, I'd start looking at couple days before it says your fertile window starts. I bd the first day I get it, miss the second and bd the third and so on until it stops or I've has my positive opk :) x

So once you have your positive OPK you stop BDing? God this is all confusing. I wanted to do smep but with my oh drive low I don't think I would be able to. So trying to pinpoint some good days to BD. I have a feeling I might have to poke around as I didn't see any on tissue last cycle atm it's just white sticky. My fertile window starts next thurs. will start my OPKs Tues which I think is CD10. I have a perfect 28 day cycle just can't seem to catch the egg xx

Probably at the start of my typical fertile window (I have an app to track my cycle) but usually just a cursory glance at the tissue when I wipe. I've noticed it more some months than others but often I just 'feel' wetter and a bit more sticky (sorry if TMI!). I use OPKs too so take those into account alongside any signs of EWCM. Hope that's remotely helpful?! Good luck! x

Last edited:
The more info the better, it's never tmi. I feel lost at sea when it comes to ttc.
Do you have ewcm with a positive OPK or is the OPK building up to a positive when you have ewcm? When do you BD? Do you BD after a positive OPK? Sorry for all the questions xx

The more info the better, it's never tmi. I feel lost at sea when it comes to ttc.
Do you have ewcm with a positive OPK or is the OPK building up to a positive when you have ewcm? When do you BD? Do you BD after a positive OPK? Sorry for all the questions xx

Don't be! I have as many myself and often feel as lost as you do! I think it's only natural to be that way tbh.

When I have spotted EWCM it's been the day before and of positive OPKs. At the moment we BD every other day when it's my fertile window then every day of a positive OPK. Fell pregnant last cycle but had an early miscarriage. So I'm hopeful that that 'method' will bring us joy again - just very soon hopefully!

So sorry about your loss :(

I am going to keep a close eye on my ewcm and my OPKs. I test daily until they start getting darker then twice maybe three times a day. Thought we had hit the nail on the head last cycle but just wasn't meant to be. Hopeful for this cycle and hopefully oh is going to man up lol! Xx

Lol, no when I get my positive opk we dtd that day, and maybe the next day depending if hubby's up to it aha. But if not ikno well be coverd. I read somewhere that the best day to actually concive is as soon as you get +opk because the sperm has chance to get up there and is still healthy and strong x

Last edited:
Thank you Peanut. Got to pull out all the stops this cycle altho still not temping. I did 2 days last cycle and slept terrible lol! Xx

Lol, no when I get my positive opk we dtd that day, and maybe the next day depending if hubby's up to it aha. But if not ikno well be coverd. I read somewhere that the best day to actually concive is as soon as you get +opk because the sperm has chance to get up there and is still healthy and strong x

There's so much information out there that it's difficult to know which is right! I suppose it is all a big gamble really. But it's good to know that you've helped things along the best you can! 3rd day of positive OPK for me and so far DH is keeping up, bless him haha. Thank goodness for Ann Summer's lingerie range :lol:!! lol.

Cocker i never remember to take my temp, I'm usually half asleep for about 15 mins before I realise then it's too late aha. If i keep it under my pillow it'll just get lost lol!

Duckie, 3 days is a while, did you take anything to help ov? But I remember after my 1st mc i oved 3 months later and had 5 days of positives and got my bfp, so maybe it means it's a super egg?! I hope it brings you your bfp!!

Cocker I've gotten into the habit of checking in the mornings before I pee, I don't usually get anything when I wipe so I actually use my middle finger to check cervix position and cm in one swoop. Wash your hands first! Last thing you want is funky business down there.. It took me a little getting used to, I just do a quick feel around my cervix and clean up with a baby wipe after. Oh! And I've read online somewhere the best way to verify ewcm is to roll it between your fingers then pull your fingers apart, if it's stretchy it's ewcm. Good luck honey!

Duckie, 3 days is a while, did you take anything to help ov? But I remember after my 1st mc i oved 3 months later and had 5 days of positives and got my bfp, so maybe it means it's a super egg?! I hope it brings you your bfp!!

I know; I posted a separate thread to ask people's opinions on the 3 days of positives. Definitely have my normal ovulation pains today so I'm hoping that that's a good sign. Thanks for sharing that hun; gives me some optimism! :)

I get way to confused, so I just dtd from cd7 until AF arrives usually every other day, some times every day! Depends how tired i am haha

Lulla, ive read your not supposed to dtd like that, as the sperm won't be strong enough to get the egg, there will also be less waiting when the egg comes out. Apparently out of millions of sperm only like 10% can actually fertilise the egg. I think there's a video on youtube about it.
Also bloody hell, your oh can go all month! :eek: lol my hubby is like nope that's enough if we do it 2 days in a row xD aha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back