Ewcm/ovulation question

ClaireDoll

Reaction score
So I had EWCM for two days cd 11 and cd12 this month, i thought I ovulated on cd12 as had some left sided pain, did a cheeky opk as havent been doing them this month with being on holiday, it was negative. Had extreme left sided pain for hours today though, cd14 and a blazing no mistake positive opk so think it was actually today I ov'd.

Doesn't really matter this month as we haven't got a chance what with both of us dying of the flu and not been having any sex, I just wondered for future ttc cycles when do you usually get ewcm? Is the idea meant to be you get it before ov so the sperm can continue to live for a few days to wait for the egg, therefore it's the most fertile time? I don't always get ewcm but just wondered how it is for everyone else.

That's usually the case for me hun. I get ewcm usually for 5 days and pretty much stops the day I ov! This month I took soy and got ewcm on cd8, loads of it! So I thought I'd ovulate about cd12/13 but didn't until day 15! I had ewcm for 8 days. That's the longest I've ever had it so I'm presuming it was due to the soy. 4/5 days of ewcm before I ovulate is my norm! Definitely having it in the run up to ov is the best thing to help the swimmers get up there and stay there until you ov!

Hope you're feeling better soon mrs xx

I get it before I ovulate too. It sometimes isn't there on the day of the pos opk. Usually for 3-5 days. Don't know if that's normal.

It varies for everyone, but I get it 4-5 days before my LH surge. I usually ov 12-24 hrs after the surge. Since fresh sperm can live for 5-7 days in there, it makes sense that you get ewcm earlier than your peak, that way they are protected and aided in their journey. It gets them up there and waiting.

Oh, and even if you have a positive opk on day 14, you may still not ovulate until day 15 or 16. It only signals the LH surge...when the egg drops is anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back