Ewan the sheep.... Worth the money?

can

Reaction score
Hi my little one is 6 months old and is yet to fall asleep on his own!! Used to fall asleep after a feed, then liked me rocking him but now doesn't want to do any of those so really keen to get him to fall asleep by himself. Trouble is he shares a room with his 2 year old brother so can't and wouldn't want to let him cry. I know there is no quick fixes but any advice is great. Is the dream sheep thing worth the money!???

I think it's very good but you could download an app or something that plays womb/ soothing music for cheaper?? My lb likes it but we've used it since he was a few weeks so he associates the noise with sleep now, not sure how well it would work on an older baby?? X

We used the ipad and downloaded the relax app, lets you play more than one sound along side, we had a lullaby harp noise with the immersed and underwater sound playing.

Worked a treat :)

xxxx

We love our Ewan the sheep. My little one is 5 weeks and he gets rocked until he is almost asleep and we have Ewan playing. We then transfer to the Moses basket and leave Ewan on. I've found that without Ewan my little one wakes almost immediately. Ewan helps keep him settled and stops s melt down before it happens!!!

So any other ideas or musical things that have helped? Don't know what to really? Have I left it too late?

I'd say so. Used successfully with both my children.

My app made the same noise and he had cuddlies..

Im not sure long womb sounds comfort a baby. By 6m theyv been out in normal noise but early weeks its nice to have a familiar setting.

Regardless though, underwater or immersed noises are soothing.

xxxx

We don't use it too much for our lb now but it used to work wonders. He is a fidget and would wake himself up but Ewan helped calm him down and keep him asleep longer. It plays 4 different types of sounds and has a glowing light that you can turn off if you like.
If I need to leave lo in his cot for a few mins so I can shower etc then I'll sometimes pop that on to help keep him occupied.
Ours was a gift so I don't know what he cost but I found it really useful!

My little girl is nearly 5 months and it settles her every night. Ive used it ever since she was born though but it seems to really soothe her, don't know if it's because its familiar. Apps could prob work just as well x

I would recommend a slumber buddy. On offer they are usually about £10- £20. They play 5 different noises including a heart beat one which my Lo like to go to sleep with and also has a star projector. X

We are 12 & half months and still using Ewan every night... my little one likes white noise so we switched from the plinky tune at half a year or so.

Have used this every night since we brought out lg home and wouldn't be without it. But not sure if would work for you now. It is a sleep association for my daughter. Tho I don't think it could do any harm. When she was still in our room it used to make me fall asleep :lol:

We used Ewan from 3 weeks and it was good and yep it would send me off to sleep too. I think at 6 months it wouldn't be as effective though. Quite expensive too. The slumber buddies are lovely we have the frog one my lo is 2.5. The star projector is nice and your 2 year old would like it too x

Thanks a lot ladies. I'm off into town to try and find a slumber buddie. Seems my lo might be too old for ewen the sheep thing!! Really want to avoid controlled crying And things but my husband if going on a business trip for two weeks in Feb and I will need to put my two year old and 6 mo th old to bed. I can do it alone but will be so much easier if my lo will fall asleep by himself. He also wakes every 2 hours during the night so hoping this will enable him to get himself back to sleep.

Ewan was fab for my older child but never worked for my younger one. Maybe try an app or two first?

X

My 2 year old still has her Ewan! Works a treat still - love him. We got another one for my 14 week old lg too x

Thanks ladies. Well I went out and brought a vetech all singing and dancing Mobil/ light projector thing, was half price from £50 to £25. Will try it tomorrow and hope it works. What shall I do if he cries? Pick him or try to leave him? He is my third boy and none of them ever fell asleep on their own and my 2 year old still sleeps in my bed as I hate leaving them upset however I feel exhausted and desperate so I'll give anything a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back