Everytime i take a test its a faint line.

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by NilufarAhmed, Apr 26, 2016.

1. NilufarAhmed

NilufarAhmed Member

Hello everyone, ive been trying to conceive since march 2014.

Ive suffered from irregular periods, and it didnt help with my husband working away at inconsistent times of the months. I made use of a phone app to help see if there was some sort of pattern to when i could predict im ovulating so i could try and conceive. According to the app we did have intercourse at around the time we predicted ovulation. My period was due a week ago last week, and just out the blue on friday i randomly decided to do a pregnancy test. And a faint positive line showed up. I showed my husband who didn't want to raise his hopes and told me to ring my aunt, who confirmed i was pregnant. I couldn't believe it, and went to work but bought another two tesco pregnancy test and i tried another one at work and it had a faint blue positive line. My best friend who is actually 13 weeks herself told me its best if i did a clear blue test. And i did one after work and it told me that i was pregnant and 2-3 weeks. Because by the time i had finished work, it was too late for me to submit my urine sample at my gp, so all im going by are my pregnancy tests. I managed to submit one yesterday, but i wont get the results until thursday. But because it hasnt sunk in that im actually pregnant, i cant help but take tests. I used the spare tesco one, and found a few of those strips thst you dip into urine.

But the lines are still faint, not as strong as the control line. I did one today, and the control line showed faster than the test line. And i keep thinking theres something wrong with me.

Can someone help explain this. Until i hear it from the doctors i wont be fully convinced, but now that the lines arent as strong as the control line, i keep thinking theres something wrong.

Tia xx nilufar xx

2. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

It sounds normal for early pregnancy. The cheap tests often dont show stong lines until you are 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. I only had the test line show faster than the control line at about 6 weeks. Different brands vary. If you take a test and then take one of the same brand 3 or 4 days later and the line has actually gotten lighter then I would be concerned.

#2 BunnyN, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. Clover

Clover Well-Known Member

Sounds like your definitely pregnant, especially if you've got a 2-3 or a Clearblue digi, the test line is going to be lighter until you are a bit further on sweetie
    My tests were like that
    Congratulations :)

Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

4. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

If you saw 2-3 weeks on a clear blue you are pregnant. Congratulations. Btw don't expect much from your GP he/she will (speaking from my own experience) test your blood pressure & give you an appointment to see the midwife when you're approx 8 weeks. She didn't even ask me for a wee sample to test if I was even pregnant 🙊. Congratulations xxx