Everything is going well and will catch up very soon

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am sorry if I haven't given you all my time over the past week.

I probably could have found the time, but the dH keeps insisting that i sleep at every rest period, so I have been :oops: . It makes me feel lazy but I guess it is better than being sleep deprived.

I am getting enough sleep at the moment and Samuel is luckily giving us the chance to get to know him and to adjust to being parents. I realise he could become really naughty and unsettled at any time so we are making the most of these sleep periods while we are getting them.

I am recovering well. The breastfeeding thing is going well and I am just starting to get used to being able to remember to eat enough and to drink the 16 glasses of water I am supposed to be having. No major breastfeeding issues to speak of and I am feeding every three hours.

I have to say that I am loving being a mother more than I thought I would and we are having so much more fun than we thought. I seem to have spent my whole time laughing at the DH and the baby and I cannot believe just how strong this maternal instinct is.

I wil catch up with all you guys again hopefully tomorrow if Samuel decides to keep having nice long sleeps. If he doesn't then, I'll catch up later in the week.

Anyone still waiting.......hang in there, its so worth it! :D

aww i am glad u r coping well and he is a good boy for you

i wish someone would make me sleep lol

I am soo pleased it's going so well for you Sarah :D

Keep up the good work, they are certainly worth every minute xx

Hey that's great news!

Being a mom always takes people by surprise I think, the bond is so great. Plus no-one tells you how much fun it can be so you don't expect that!

By the way... your hubby sounds great, it's good you're getting loads of rest!

Glad to hear all is well Sarah - it must be great to have him home finally and be enjoying him. I just cannot wait for my turn now!

Cant blame you on the sleep thing - you may as well get it while you can - your D/H is right!

Keep us posted when you can!

L x

So great to hear that you are enjoying your little man, think the first few weeks always go so fast and in a spin but a really special time.

Good for your OH making you sleep, it really is what you need especially when you breastfeed. Great that the Breastfeeding is going well too.

:0)
Ragna xxx

Yes.

I didn't realise how important sleeping is for breast milk.

I always thought that when they told you to sleep it was so that you could recover. But there is so much more to it than that. One of the causes of lack of milk is sleep deprivation. I didn't know this until two days ago and now I just keep on sleeping regardless.

I feel lazy but I know I have a good reason to do it. (must make full use of DH while he is here!)

Also remembering to eat masses of food and drinking water is helpful too.

Sleep whenever you can, make the most of it.

I remember I used to fall asleep when Dom was napping, I still do sometimes it's a real treat.

Don't worry about not being about to be in here for a while, I think you have more on your mind than this place, we will still be here when you get a quick 5 minutes :D

I agree!!! i did not sleep during the day (still don't, too bothered about cleaning the house because we are 2 messy people and if the house is not cleaned every day it is a real mess!!!) and my milk supply was quite poor. I rely on expressing milk to stimulate the production of it becaue I am always exhausted!!! So if nobody is to blame you because dinner is not cooked or the house is a bit messy, do sleep!!!!

totally out of topic question, how do you get your cartooney pictures near your name, it looks really cool !

Check the avatar thing is peeing me of thread by Sami, that tells you how to set it up.

Well done you!

Get all the rest you can, Sarah, you need it and don't get the guilts over feeling lazy, you've been through a lot more than you realise.

OH is doing really well to get you to sleep. I didn't for the first week because my Oh was working really hard and I took most of the night feeds as well as the daytime ones and ended up with more high blood pressure and infections to boot! The incision still hasn't cleared up, I have to go back to the obstetrician tomorrow.

So GET YOUR REST *S*

Oh and break out those photos!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back