everyone knows..

sarafet

Reaction score
feeling a bit emotional bc we finally told everyone we are expecting yesterday.

i'm 19 and was at uni and taking a year out now. everyone took it really well but my mum kept saying - it's going to be so hard and everything will change, etc :( i know our circumstances aren't great, but they aren't too bad i don't think. john works full time and i have a job at the moment, we're renting just now bc we were saving for a mortgage deposit. we'll probs have to rent when babies born now too :wall:

i just hope everything will be ok, i know we all want the best for our little ones, and i wish it all could be perfect, but i suppose thats life really..

ok rant over :hug:

sarah xxx

aww bless you hun
i think our parents worry how we will all cope as it is hard bringing a baby into the world and something always seems to go wrong doesnt it lol
but we all manage it in the end :)
manda xx

Parents worry no matter how old you get! My brother is 27 and his son was born in August and my parents were really worried about how he would cope (financially). He is doing well though - sure everything with you will be fine, don't worry about it.

i dont think its ever completely the right time

we have same problem of not living anywhere permanent when the baby's born. We're looking for a house but theres pretty much no way it will all go through for start of april...but we will have to move at the end of feb cos we open our gym then...at the moment it looks like i will be giving birth and living in the back room of a gym!!!

Whatever our circumstances, we'll manage, babies have been being born for centuries.....you only need a bed, running water and warmth at the end of the day

oh hun :hug: :hug: :hug: hugs for you!

Firstly there will always be someone whoi tells you its going to be so hard, your whole life will change etc etc. Its such a shame that person is your Mum but as others have said its probably just her worrying. The amount of people who say Oh god you have no idea what you've let yourself in for.... :wall: I juts feel like saying Dont I? LOL Silly me I thought having a baby would be a doddle and never thought for once it might wake me up in the night or be hard at times :roll: Ooo Queen of sarcasm....but its so true :lol:

As for renting dont worry about that. I rent and thought the same as you I cant save for a mortgage now.....Id love to own my own house but to be honest its not MEGA important. Looking at the plus sides for renting, for one you aren't tied down. If your needs change then you can be more flexible and moving house when you're renting wil be much easier with a baby than selling. If you ever had crap neighbours then its easier to move and when house prices crash because trhey eventually will then we will be in a much better position to buy a real nice house, not just what we could afford at the time.

It may not be completely how you envisaged things babes but it can still be perfect, just make the most of what you do have and be a fab mummy which I know you will...you got the worrying bit down to a fine art :wink:

xxxxx

God knows honey, material thngs aren't important. We had to move quickly following a falling out with my sister. We had to find £2k three weeks before Xmas to move and get our stuff out of storage. I've done nothing for Xmas yet. we don't have a thing for baby and I''m panicing about how I'm gonna get what we need for Xmas. But do you know what. As long as my son gets what he wants I don't care. The trees up, we'll havesome nce gruv and the rest really isn't important. Don't worry. something always comes up!!.

aww thanks so much everyone :hug:

i do know it will be ok, just that these hormones make everything seem 100x worse :rotfl:

thanks again guys :hug:

xxxxxxxxx

Congratulations on telling everyone :cheer:

Just to give my 2p's worth, there is absolutely nothing wrong with renting. We can afford to buy and we've chosen to rent because it's halved our outgoings (rent is half what a mortgage would be on an equivalent place) and we're putting the rest into savings, which are growing at a faster rate than the housing market.

And as for renting being "dead money", don't even get me started! If you're paying £900 for a mortgage (or whatever) about £800 of it is just interest paid to the bank - now that's dead money!

Good luck with it all anyway :hug:

parents will worry thats thier job and it will soon be yours ha ha ha

congrats xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:
As others have said, there really is no 'perfect' tome to have a child. As long as you and your partner are ready to love him or her with all your heart, that is all that matters. The rest is just background that gets sorted as we trundle through the adventures of parenthood!
You'll be fantastic parents whether you live in a rented or bought house or a caravan :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

More to life than money and morgages. So long has there is love and a stable home that is all that matters, plus with house prices slowly stablising, best to wait anyway!

A baby will change your life, 100% but in the best way and I think it is deffinetly for the better, trying some times, but it is just a new adventure!

We did everything in the supposingly right way, Mortgage, married, great holidays andwe still get it in the ear, no right way or perfect time were other people concerned. But it was right for us!

At least when you rent if anything goes wrong it's not your problem.

I'm 20 and had to give up uni due to pregnancy.
My mum's reaction at first was that she 'thought i was more sensible than that'
But eventually she came round to the idea, she does sometimes mention how hard it will be and what a change it'll be. But i'm sure our mums are only caring for us and being concerned!
At least you have a house! Me and my fiance are still living with parents, but hoping to rent before the baby is born.

Feel free to PM me as we're similar in age and circumstance!
And go you for telling your parents, it isn't easy!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back