eventful booking in appt...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
well...don't really know where to start!

Took an age to fill out all the forms because of all the risks from my last delivery.....

I am being put under a Consultant and well and truly looked after this time it would seem...although i do think i am heading for a section...

oh and my sore tongue....thrush! so i have nystatin drops which are just minging!!!

but at least i didnt panic when the needle came out...i think i am passed that phobia!

you should see how much writing is on my notes already!! lol

scan on 16th august xx

I'm being consultant lead too! As I had preClampsia at the end of my pregnancy with my son and high blood pressure. I get a few extra scans yay but at least you will be closely monitored too which is always a nice thing I think xx

I'm consultant led too due to previous section. So much info to take in. What did they say to you ladies about next appointment? I think she said to me consultant appointment at 16 weeks instead of midwife?

I had my booking in today too and im consultant led cos of my BMI.

whats your BMI JoJo?

I see him at my 20 week scan......normal midwife appt at 16 weeks x

im ashamed to admit it cos pple will judge me:(

no one will judge you hon.......okay, well is it over 40? xx

yeah. 47 :(

i mean it used to be 56 so its an improvement!

but im ashamed.

i am healthy though and eat healthy things. my blood pressure is perfect and im quite active

well done for reducing it so much :)

im not as active as i would like to be....xx

im not as active as i want it to be but thats because i cant afford a gym

i dont have time...lol....plus i am so pooped at the moment. it takes all my energy to do the necessary things at the moment

I haven't been to the gym in almost a month, it's hard enough work growing our babies I say!

jojo my bmi is currently 44, was 42 at booking in. your not alone at all and have nothing to be ashamed of you have every right to be pregnant and have a baby just like everyone else regardless of size. my bmi was 39/40 in my last pregnancy and i had a perfectly fine labour and birth despite having a large baby. size of baby was nothing to do with my weight or anything either just my the way my body makes them. i lose weight when im preg anyway rather than gaining much so maybe you will too if you dont eat toomuch junk, main thing to focus on is be happy and healthy and enjoy your pregnancy when you can

Poking my nose in- but I don't think anyone's here to judge- :) tall short whatever weight we are all here for 1 thing :) being parents - don't feel ashamed jojo x

I'm surprised they suggested a section, I had a lot of the same problems with h as u did with Hannah and they said they wanted to avoid a section as best they could despite it being twins! My labour will be much more managed and obviously I'm consultant led (was before too) and have notes even scrawled on the front of m book! Lol!
Xxx

yeah i was a bit taken aback too....i just don't know what to do for the best now....

just have to see how i go i suppose...

xx

The only time a section has been mentioned is when both the twins were breech, now one is head down they are back to natural delivery with prob a lot of intervention! Maybe wait and see what the consultant says as often some people are more pro caesarians than others!
Xxx

yeah......i struggled emotionally last time as you know so i don't know if a section would be better for me in that respect.

i just dont know xx

I think it's swings and round abouts, I don't want one coz you can't drive and won't be able to pick up h etc. I'm quite relaxed about the labour tbh (must be mad)
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back