Evening Primrose Oil

xMillie

Reaction score
I'm giving everything a go here!
Picked some Evening Primrose Oil up yesterday. They are 500mg capsules.

A few of questions for anyone that uses/used them:

I'm currently on Day 9 of my cycle and have gotten a positive OPK as early as day 10 before (OPKing in a few hours haven't done any this cycle yet). Should I start taking them now? or should I just wait until my next cycle?

How much did you take? I've read different values everywhere! From as little as 1000mg and as much as 2500mg. I was thinking about just doing 1000mg (as it says on the packet) but is that enough?

When do you stop taking it? I think I read you should stop when you ovulate but do you stop the day after you get your positive OPK or do you carry on for a day or 2 after?

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi Millie, I just bought some yesterday to try, I bought 1000mg, I've read to take one a day starting at cd 1 and ending on day of ovulation so that would be on day of positive opk or the next day. Best of luck, I hope it works, I would maybe wait until your next cycle but guess it won't do any harm to take before positive opk xx

Last edited:
Hey, I'm convinced EPO got me my bfp as it was the 1st cycle of trying it. I took 1500mg daily from CD1 until the day I got a +opk.

Good luck x

I'm taking it too! About 1000mg a day until my positive OPK :) had a really faint line on one today but had the same yesterday so can't work out if I'm getting there or going away if that makes sense haha!

I am also taking them. Between 500mg-1500mg a day :)

Good Luck :)

Just wanted to add that I've also read that grapefruit juice can help with ewcm so I've stocked up on that this month too, I'll give anything a go xx

Melanie it's supposed to make you produce more ewcm, I read that it also tightens and contracts the uterus which is why you shouldn't take it after ovulation. I used to get it on prescription many years ago for breast pain and pmt, I was on 8 capsules a day. It was amazing though, worked brilliantly after 6 weeks no pmt, no breast pain, lovely shiny hair too. Just to add I'm taking 1500 per day x

Last edited:
Melanie it's supposed to make you produce more ewcm, I read that it also tightens and contracts the uterus which is why you shouldn't take it after ovulation. I used to get it on prescription many years ago for breast pain and pmt, I was on 8 capsules a day. It was amazing though, worked brilliantly after 6 weeks no pmt, no breast pain, lovely shiny hair too. Just to add I'm taking 1500 per day x

This sounds good!

I may have to get some and try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back