Evening Primrose Oil

i read on here that you can take the EPO capsule orally at 34 weeks too. im gonna take 1 100mg capsule a day from then and ive been having 1 cup of RLT since just before 32 weeks and im going to up it 1 added cup a day per week, so 2 cups at 33 weeks etc.
then at 36/37 weeks you can start inserting the EPO capsules into the cervix area before bed, just pierce them with a needle and stick in the go sleep.

Last edited:
I posted a link to the most up to date RLT study, an Australian one, and it said can be taken from tri 1.

I'm using tablets, when I remember. Lol. Cos I'm not a fan of herbal teas.

xxx

Hi ladies, i used both. RLT from 32weeks 1cup increasing a cup per week until 36 then took capsules... 4a day.. much more than recommended and i found out about EPO at 37+ so inserted 2 at night... didn't prick them either and went into labour at 38+5 and delivered at 39+1 i honestly think it was the EPO that started my labour early.

It was a long labour but that was due to LO being back to back i wasn't dialating quickly.

Hope u are all having a good pregnancy and i wish everyone a speedy labour xx

Hi Girls, thanks for the help.

currently i'm 36 weeks and taking 2 RLT.(capsuals)
Started off 1 @ 32 weeks, 2 @ 34 Weeks, and should probably up it now to 3 @ 36 weeks as i'm 36+3.

When you take the tablets, do you take them all at once or spread through the day? atm i take 2 RLT at lunch time.
What is the maximum number of RLT i can take? i have the 400mg ones.

The EPO i have got is again the capsuals its asda's own brand. 500mg and says 1 a day on the front? are these the right ones?
So with the EPO i should aim to take
1 @ 36 Weeks
2 @ 37 Weeks (1 oral, 1 vaginal)
3 @ 38 Weeks (2 oral, 1 vaginal)

Like that?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads