Even more confused

MrsS143

Reaction score
I've been for my follow up scan this afternoon

Last week a hb couldn't be seen but she measured me at 6 weeks (whereas based on EDD I shoulda been 7+1)
Today still no hb to be seen, but he reckons its cos it's too soon, he measured me as only 5 weeks when I should be 7+5!
Somehow its... Shrunk???

I don't really know what's going on
He measured the yolk sack as being 3.4mm whatever that counts for...

Back in 2 weeks for my third scan
Surely it'll look different then?

My last period was 4/4/13. We dtd 13/4/13
Can someone do the math and fill me in?
My head hurts a bit with all of this...! :(

Last edited:
3 days behind me on my dates of 8+1 so 7+5. Maybe you ovulated right before your period was due the dates would add up then. Sorry it wasn't as you wanted but still there's hope x

But its been 6.5 weeks since we dtd
So ... Thatd mean his sperm lived 10 days inside? I don't think that's possible?

Sorry i dont know what to say about your dates but just wanted say hope your next scan goes ok and sorry to hear youre stuck in limbo xx

Sounds like you are having a tough time of it Not entirely sure what is going on with your dates. When I had my early scans I was told that it was difficult to get an accurate date measurement at that stage because it is so little - it could just be that your bean was in a squished up position when it measured its smallest.

I hope the waiting until your next scan isn't unbearable xx

Yknow it's funny you should say that lilmisshopeful
He did try and scan from the outside and said that hr couldn't see anything but said my uterus was facing the wrong way
What does that even mean??

Although she was 3.4mm which is 6 weeks so not too bad I suppose... Well, better than 5 anyway! X

If it's slightly wrong it means baby will be very hard to see properly until your uterus comes up at 12 weeks. It's enough to give you hope even more so as he noticed it's not level. Is this your first? X

So confusing but I agree with what the girls above say its early and if uterus is in funny position or something they prob can't get an accurate reading. Did they not do a blood test to see what your hcg was sitting at?

Xxx

Aww the not knowing must be awful I've got everything crossed that everything will be good at your next scan! Until then try not worry to much easier said than done I know xxx

Nope no hgc readings
Only blood I've had taken is at my booking in appt

You could see a big black circle
A white circle inside
Then a little whiteish shadow inside
The measurement was taken from the yolk diameter x

This was from an internal scan with an uncomfy probe
Admittedly it needed zoomed in A LOT! X

If you want I can send you my internal scan pic. It was 6+5 might give you an idea x

got it thanks love x

Last edited:
All babies grow at different rates hun, try not to worry. I somehow moved forward by 4 days at first scan and then moved forward again by another 3 days at second scan which doesnt match my dates either but weird things happen :) xxx

I'll second that cos with my dd I was 2 weeks behind but caught up by 12 weeks x

Mine didn't quite look like yours
Well, kinda
Black bit yeah, but yours has white baby blob on the edge
Mine just showed a white bubble in the middle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member