Eu results - terrified!

Gravidgecko

Reaction score
Morning
I have no idea if this is the right place for this or not, but I am completely terrified right now.

I haven't even brought my child into the world yet and the country is already falling apart. It looks likely there will be another independence referendum in Scotland (where I am) in the next 2-3 years, and I'm pretty positive it will go through this time.
By the time my child is 2 we will have exited the EU and become independent from the rest of the UK, and I don't know what that means for their future! Or worse, we could be under the rule of Boris bloody Johnston!!

I have no idea even what their human rights will look like because they were written by the EU!

I normally don't care about politics at all, but it just feels different this time somehow.

Not sure if this is just hormones talking, but I honestly feel completely overwhelmed by fear this morning :(

Am I the only one?

I have to disagree with you personally, I don't think the attitude of being terrified is going to get you anywhere, it is NOT falling apart, we will be fine.

There is going to be short term problems either way, and this could be the best thing that has happened to this country yet!

No point in negativity towards the referendum, it will not get you anywhere being so negative. Instead be positive about what it could mean for us, the opportunities it could open for us and embrace it, no point in living in fear and dread, our children need positivity and happiness, being scared isn't teaching our kids any good.

We have been independant from the EU before, we will be fine.

I am just shocked tbh :lol: like ... ohwell - I think people wont start realizing the bigger picture until they try go on holiday and/or realize that the cost of living will go up as well as importation from the EU. The pound is already at rock bottom but.... I am sure we will survive.

I am also from Scotland, voted Yes last time and actually another independence referendum is the best hope that I have for Scotland, I am actually excited for another referendum were Yes might actually win.

And without this leave, we probably wouldnt be pushing so much for independence this time!

xxxx

I guess

To be honest I don't think it would have mattered how it turned out, I'd still feel scared.

I'm not usually like that at all. I'm much more of a 'go-with-the-flow' type person. But ever since I became pregnant I just have this growing feeling of dread. I am getting more and more stressed out and anxious in general. This just seems to be the focus of it right now :/

Yeah im gonna move South haha NI has no hope. Especially not now!

Not much we can do, other than to see how it plays out... x

Exactly, no point in stressing too much.

Gravidgecko - on a serious note if you are feeling like this not just because of politics but in general since being pregnant, I would definitely tell your midwife. Anxiety and stress in pregnancy can lead to postnatal depression which you really don't want to get if you can help it, mention how you feel to your midwife and actively do something to relax every now and then, try having candle lit baths and listen to relaxing music etc, you must try your hardest not to be too stressed love, it isn't fun. I was like that in my last pregnancy and had severe postnatal depression for 18 months after my daughter was born and ended up on a psychiatric ward, don't go the same way - I didn't get the help I needed because I buried my head in the sand and I could have been massively helped xxxx

I'm not scared or stressed, but I definitely think the "leave" voters have shafted us because they swallowed the bulls**t and propaganda and didn't think things through.

The UK has already lost millions this morning and the pound has plummeted. Farrage has already gone back on propaganda claims used to persuade the public to vote Leave.

I honestly think most people will be a lot worse off, EU laws protecting human rights and working hours and wages etc won't need to be adhered to, we can expect longer hours for less pay. We can expect the cost of fresh produce (which mostly is grown in Spain and other EU countries) to increase.

But we'll survive because we always do, just like every time the Tories screwed us over and made us that much worse off.

Will be interesting to see what happens next.

I'm still a little shocked that we're actually leaving. I really didn't think we would, I'm very disappointed but I think now everyone just needs to think positively about making hour country good again.

The thing I'm upset about is how much racism and ignorance I've seen from people. In the weeks leading up to the 23rd there were maybe 4 people on my Facebook feed shouting about leaving and making racist remarks and then yesterday when leave won another 5 or so people started and I was so disgusted in them. They showed how uneducated they are and how they haven't made an informed decision over the EU at all, for lots of leavers their motivation was immigration and yet they still don't know anything about it
I think a few people have shown their true colours

It's going to be interesting to see how the next few months (and years) pan out. Hopefully it will all work out for the better and we can become a strong united country. I hope Scotland don't leave and I hope rights for women and workers remain as strong

I totally agree with flexilexi, we should stay positive. The pound plummeting is a knee jerk reaction and is already recovering. I voted leave, as did a majority, and it was certainly not me swallowing 'bullshit and propaganda'. I made a decision based on what I feel is right for Britain. And that's fine to have a difference of opinion and everyone is entitled to their view. Let's not forget religion and politics are the main causes of war. What's done is done and we will prosper... Maybe even get another bank holiday too?:wink: xx

The problem is a lot of people who voted leave did believe the stuff that they were told and are now saying that we have left they wished they didn't vote. A lot of voters heard the word immigrant and immediately made a choice and so that's why a lot of people are are being branded racist which I think is unfair?

I am just holding out for independence now we wouldn't be getting another shot at one for a while if not for the brexit. I guess it's just a bit of a shock and it's all we know so people are bound to freak out and wanna blame someone for it. We all had the choice we voted and this is the results. It was a very tight margin too but for me in Scotland where majority vote was stay it will probably take a wee while to come away from the dissapointmnet. It's only natural.

I am starting to feel a bit sorry for the people that voted brexit the amount of anger I've heard I often sat thinking thank god I didn't vote leave I couldn't deal with having to justify or argue why I decided to vote leave it would have made a very uncomfortable day at work yesterday. Everyone was piiiiisssed :lol:

xxxxx

Thanks Tootie :D I agree I am hoping for an extra bank holiday lol!

I also voted out and I am so glad I did so, I have actually lost a few friendships over it - facebook was a proper war yesterday, one of my very own friends called me racist and uneducated :lol: so I removed a few people from my friends list as a result, I think it is really sad that we aren't united at all at the moment. Oh and there was a major improvement of the pound against the dollar! Brilliant! xx

Just wanted to add in reference to my earlier post, I wasn't referring to all 'exiters' as racist and uneducated but my Facebook feed was disgusting yesterday, I deleted 3 people. It was quite apparent that some people were not well informed

I really wanted us to stay in but I agree with the above that now we just need to be positive and work together for a better Britain

Ah ladies I just love this forum. I love that we can express our views and be accepting of others opinions without judgement or prejudice. Hugs all round :hug: xx

I'm kinda hoping for a northern Irish referendum, but it'll never happen I have nothing against being part of UK but would prefer to be part of the European Union

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back