Estimated Birth Weight

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question... but I now have an estimate weight for baby, is there a way of finding out/calculating what the birth weight may be?

I know they can estimate it at scans... Don't have a clue at estimating it as in a calculation though! The last few weeks seems to be when the babies slap on the lbs... My friends baby's estimated birth weight was 5lbs and she had an 8 pounder! Xx

I said to her if she could give me an estimated birth weight and she said I'd have to check my growth chart as it's not something they can provide (odd). But unless I'm being completely ditzy, I don't see a way of calculating it!

Your growth chart should have a curve on it, you just follow the drive you're currently on to duedate... I believe that (unless someone would care to correct me) that from 30
Weeks baby puts on roughly half a pound a week.

My son was estimated to be 9lbs... He was 7lbs 11 oz
My daughter is estimated to be around 7 and ha half pounds (at 39 weeks which is when I'm
Having her) full term and around 8lbs duedate rising to 9lbs at 42 weeks. So seems about right.

Yes you need to look at your growth chart and follow the line. They reckon my baby will be 7 and a half if she continues to follow the normal growth pattern which so fat she is.x

I had a growth scan two weeks ago which estimated baby at 8lbs 5 at that point. The half a pound a week thing is generally accepted so I'm expected to be producing a boy close to 10lb!!! I'm being induced tomorrow so we shall soon know! X

I had MW today and bump is measuring off the scale, at least 2 weeks ahead. Need to go back in 2 weeks and then onto a growth scan. I knew bump was big!

Two weeks seems ages away. I'm sure everything will be okay be she just a big baby are you or your husband tall?x

Two weeks seems ages away. I'm sure everything will be okay be she just a big baby are you or your husband tall?x

My whole family are pretty short, he's 6'2 and the rest of the males in his are all over 6ft xx

Could it be that's she is long? My husband 6.1 and apparently a really long baby. X

Oh ok sorry I'm useless then. Hopefully the growth scan will give you more answers and maybe she just growing a little fast and she could come 2 weeks earlier x

If you look at the right had side of the chart there is weight measure in grams (there was on my 2nd son didn't think to look 1st time) and you can convert that to lbs. My 2nd son was estimated to be 9lb 14oz but was born day after due date at 8lb 1oz. So it really is just a fide I guess x

I had scans every two weeks after 28weeks due to GD and other issues. I was told baby would be roughly 8 1/2 lbs but she came at 37 weeks and was a tiddy 6lb 3

I was told they put on 1/2lb every week once passed 30 weeks I think it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back