Estimated baby weights ladies

Aries29

Reaction score
Had a 4d scan this week and baby is estimated as 3lb 30z ( I'm 30 weeks)
As they can gain around 1/2 pound each week from now I've been told to expect a baby around 8lb 3oz - a big boy !

Anyone else had estimated weights ?

Hiya. I haven't had any estimates yet but my first baby was 8lb 4oz she didn't seem that big..hoping this baby is roughly the same! I always thought anything 8lb was averge with 6lb/7lbs being small and anything over 9lbs big! Xx

At my 32 week growth scan my baby measured large at 5 pounds. I'll be induced at 39 weeks. Xxx

At 41 weeks they estimated my baby was 9.5lbs. I thought no way probably closer to 8, she was born the next day-9lbs! But she didn't seem "too big". Just a perfect-sized baby :)

They estimated my baby would be anything between 7.4 and 10.6 and at the last growth scan they said she was 9.11. She was 9.2 born xx

Wow a huge variety of different sizes - my son was 8lb 5oz ( 41weeks) and back to back birth - he felt hugeeeeee ! That was 10 years ago ! Baby number 2 - another boy is estimated 8lb 3oz so around the same .

8lb 5 seemed big ten years ago , maybe the average baby weight has increased ..... Some of you ladies with 9 & 10 lb babies - did they seem heavy after birth etc or just the same as a smaller baby ?

My sisters was a whopper at 10lb summit at 37 weeks !!! Glad I'm not having a 10lb baby.

Is anyone else getting totally excited about meeting baby ? I'm only 30 weeks and can't contain my excitement at all

I had my 31 week midwife appointment today and I am measuring at 32 so not massively over..she said baby doesn't feel big but I am 5ft 9 so will probably have another long baby like my first. I don't mind what she weighs as long as she is healthy! I am very excited now..I find myself just stood in the nursery looking at everything..lol! Roll on 27th..I just hope I don't go over! Xx

Omg , I do the same thing. I stand in Teddys nursery and look at his cot and his clothes and his hoards of other stuff :). He's got the cutest pair of red dungarees that I just had to buy :).

At 30+6 baby was estimated at 3 pound 11 and now at 33+2 he's estimated 4 pound 13. X

I was never told estimates like this but after my little boy was born One of the midwives said they were shocked he was so small as they thought he would be an 8lb baby (I didn't look that big) & I was 42+1 when baby was born so they didn't expect him to be as small as he was - good job he didn't come any earlier or on his due date as he would have been really tiny

I hada growth scan at 34weeks and baby was estimated to be only 4 pounds 5

I think average birth weight for boys is 7lb8/9oz. My midwife estimates my little girl to be 7lb 3ish. Definitely not over 7.5. She was 8lb 2oz which was considered big for a girl and first baby. She was long and didn't fit into any newborn stuff

I had a growth scan at 34 weeks baby was estimated 6.7 already I'm being induced on Tue at 38 weeks what uz reckon he will weigh

Hi Aries was estimated around 3lbs what you 29 week scan this week, when my son had his last scsn around 38 weeks they estimated he would be over 10lbs he was 7lb 12oz, having a girl this time, secretly hoping she will be around 7lbs lol they can give estimates but you'll never know until they arrive
Going by the 1/2 lb a week rule lil miss baby will be estimated at 8 1/2 lbs but again it's all estimated

Exactly as mummy wannabe says...

I had a growth scan with Jackson who was apparently going to be tint and measured just 37w at 41w. He was born a healthy and happy 7lb 3. Not the 5-6lb they had advised..

This time I know I'm bigger but could be more or less fluid, size of baby or the size of me so I haven't even asked for an estimated weight because it was so wrong last time. I've bought clothes for upto 10lb and will hope for the best lol.

We are and have been measuring perfect this time so no reason to worry. I recon I'll be about 8lb or there abouts.

People think I'm mad when I say babies are getting bigger! OH and I and all friends around my age were like 6lb. It's now 7+ you hear of. I'm a little apprehensive about a 10lb baby but I guess we will just go with it and see what we get. As long as he's healthy.

Good luck.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back