ERPC advice please so scared

beclove2885

Reaction score
Hi all I need some advice. I had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at an early 8 week scan. I opted for the tablets which was an awful experience but removed the sac etc. when for a scan and still had a small bit of tissue left. They want me to have the ERPC but I've read lots if horror stories. It took me a year and a half to get pregnant and was my first pregnancy. Not sure I could cope with scarring etc. my bleeding picked up yesterday and today and passed a big bit of tissue this evening. I'm so confused. Would it be easier and safer to have the tablets again? At least I know what to expect. Just read terrible things about ashermans syndrome. I don't know what to do xxxxx

Really sorry for your loss :hug: The risk is really low hun, I had the ERPC and it was over with really quick, minimal pain with a speedy recovery. If you want to move on hun, it's the best option, the emotional part is the hardest to get over, ERPC is a breeze physically xxx

Last edited:
Although it does sound like you might have passed the last bit? Maybe you should mention that and see what they say?xxx

Thank you. I'm just a worrier. Couldn't cope if something went wrong. My bleeding has massively eased now after the last big piece maybe that was it? They said at the scan there was only a piece that was about 2cm ish. I checked that of wasn't discharge looked quite think like a liver lol. Same as what was coming out when I had my tablets a few weeks ago. X

Hi my erpc was very easy, completely painless and I felt totally fine from the min I opened my eyes. They gave me a week of painkillers but I didn't even take one and was back at work next day. The only uncomfortable part was sucking the tablets that open your cervix as they made me cramp a bit. Good luck x

Scaring is very rare these days, I've had 2 once after failed with tablets n second I opted for it cos of the failed tablet with my first both times over before I knew it minimal bleeding felt fine after both , u could have past it by looks of it maybe they will scan you again gd luck n very sorry for ur loss xx

Hey Hun I never had ERPC so don't really know too much about it but I had the the medication and had an awful time with it I was rushed in because of my bleeding and they had to help remove some tissue but I found once the last lot had come away the bleeding went to less than a period amount and subsided straight away! So it could be that it's come away but personally if I had the choice of the ERPC after to make sure it had all gone I would have taken it hope ths helps a little xx sorry for your loss x

Last edited:
My ERPC was a breeze - emotionally I couldn't have passed naturally if I could avoid doing that

No problems- light spotting for a few days and that was it- we weren't TTC at time so it was 2 years ago now- however just hoping everything is ok for this planned bean

I'd check that last bit was it- if so then no need for it I guess- however if they recommend then personally I don't think you have anything to worry about xx

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had an erpc in October, then got my bfp again 3 cycles after (now 25 weeks) I really do think the erpc helped clear me out and make some good strong lining for this bean.

Hope all goes ok for you Hun xxx

I had a ERPC in February this year and by the end of march I was pregnant, with the successful pregnancy I have now

I found ERPC the easier option to deal with emotionally, and recovery was quick. I was home within 2 hours of the procedure

I had a successful erpc last August and was pregnant again by October. They are very routine operations so don't worry too much x

If I've worried you with my story I'm sorry. As the others have said its routinely a pretty easy thing. I was just the unlucky 1in3000. Please accept my apologies if I've worried you and I'm sorry for your loss x

Hi ladies, thank you for you replies, well i went in for the op tuesday but they did some blood work and my pregnancy hormone is now 37 so they didnt think they should do it, i passed some more tissue on monday night and my bleeding has got heavier since sunday, do u think it could be my period? Before sunday it had pretty much finished after i had the medical help to miscarry, that was 5 and a half weeks ago! dont know whether to phone them or not or leave a few more days to see if it eases off, i really hope it is my period!

If I've worried you with my story I'm sorry. As the others have said its routinely a pretty easy thing. I was just the unlucky 1in3000. Please accept my apologies if I've worried you and I'm sorry for your loss x

No not at all hun, so sorry to read what u went through, must of been awful i cant imagine. Hope you get well soon, i scared myself reading google thats all! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back