Erin Martha Pope

twinkle90

Reaction score
Our DD2 was born on 3/3/2016 at 3.30am.
Went into hospital at half 8 on Wednesday for an induction, had a pessary in at 9am. Started getting period type aches an hour later. The pessary was left in for 12 hours. Was examined and pessary removed at 10 in the evening. Period pains started getting stronger and was 2/3cm dilated. At 1.30am my waters broke and contractions were unbearable. Moved over to labour ward, got prepared on the bed, gas and air in hand as it had progressed so quickly. OH and my mum got to the hospital at around half 2, at this point I had the sudden urge to start pushing but the nurse said I was only 5cm and said I wasn't ready, she left the room get the injection to make things more bearable, by the time she had returned I was fully blown wanting to push and couldn't stop this time. Too late for any pain relief. I was so high off the gas and air but still seemed to remember bits happening around me, next thing I knew Erin had literally shot out at 3.30am Thursday morning. Never have I been in so much pain. Was such a relief to have my baby handed over to me. I couldn't beleive I did it. No stitches required considering I had an epistostomy (sp!) in my last pregnancy. I expected the scar to tear open. But was only left with grazes. And let me tell you I have no pain at all just stinging. The stitches I had last time were so painful and right, it was so uncomfy. This time nothing compared. I came home this afternoon. And Erins sister absolutely loves her. So glad to be home. Xxx

Congrats Hun
My second labour was very similar, went from 4 cm to 10 cm in an hour and it was like somebody had taken over my body - jeez the pain was unreal. I only ended up with a graze too, with my first I had a second degree tear and needed 28 stiches inside and out, I couldn't walk properly or sit down for weeks. This time it just stung a little.

Xx

It was strange, I must've been so off on the gas and air, it felt like I wasn't actually their. Weird I know. I had a look at my moo this morning expecting it to be all gruesome but it wasn't. My scar has slightly torn but wouldn't of noticed because it doesn't hurt. I just need to work up the courage to get into a warm bath. Lol. Might just stick with the warm water from the shower for first week or so xx

Aww lovely name hun congrats i know wat u mean about feeling like u werent thete being on has an air i was like that but strangely aware of certain things like u say i knew i had to push but i didnt tell the mw mibbe thats why i tore so badly but the urge to push was far too strong i had to get her out xx

Congratulations evie and Erin sound beautiful together. Glad everything went OK x

Thanks girls. Just such a surreal thought. I can't believe I actually did it. The first birth was so different. Because with dd1 they prepared me for a c section so was all numb and couldn't feel any pain so it was a comfortable birth in a sense. With dd2, I still can't believe I actually did it. When you see it on tv and then actually expereince it yourself, it's crazy. I can't believe it's been a week already. This time last week, contractions had started getting intense and I was trying to get some sleep on the natal ward and I had to breath through the pains I was getting. Madness! Xxx

How is she Twinkle ? Settled into the big world well? ... How's are you ? Xx

We are all good. I feel fab considering its only been a week. Pain free!! It's great. Obviously I'm still taking it easy as all inside organs and what not are still healing but I feel fine. Erin has adapted well only wakes twice in the night. Can't complain. Just dealing with toddler tantrums atm. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back