Erin becoming a skinny Minnie :-)

I brought some garlic and double cream for this exact reason! Im quite particular when it comes to mushrooms though and will only occasionally eat them in omlettes. I just really want to stick to it! Im having bacon and egg for brekkie, then bacon and brie salad for lunch and not decided on dinner yet. Possibly some beef with peppercorn sauce and cauliflour.

Youve given my bowels hope!

I'm excited for you!

I think I'm going to have a bowl of porridge in the morning. Then Atkins the rest of the day. I want to do it gradual and I think porridge is a good thing. If it weren't for scotland, I'd be on Atkins for another couple of weeks easy. I love the results!! X

Ive had my porridge and it was yummy!

Bet that was heaven lol.

Ive just skimmed through your thread to give me ideas for lunch. Thats the only time of the day Im a bit confused about what to eat! I had bacon and eggs this morning.

Keep putting your meals up because its giving me ideas! lol.

Lunch is tricky. Cold chicken drumsticks with coleslaw is something I have alot. The ones you can buy ready made are sometimes in lovely marinades.

Just read through this whole thread and its really made me want to get it sorted! In 13st9lb and ideally want to drop to the 11's!

Where did u buy your books from.

I think ny biggest problem is when I socialize with others because when they find out I'm dieting it tends to go off the rails.so think I might just keep it to myself this time.

Keep posting ur food ideas x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Oh and erin! Well done! That's a fantastic weight loss! Good luck while you are away x x x

Hey Erin :wave:
You are doing so well hun, am super proud of you
Quick question, what is the whole idea behind the Atkins diet? Is it high protein, low to zero carbs? Will our bodies not store the high fat we get from the cheese & bits?
I am so, so intrigued in this now
xxxxx

I got my book off amazin for £3 posted. I got a used one, I never buy them new.

Kez, because your not eating carbs your body doesnt have to worry about burning off the carbs so instead it burns the calories from fat, including your own. :)

By reducing your carbohydrate-intake to less than 40 grams a day, you will enter a bodily process called ketosis. Ketosis is a state in which your body burns fat as fuel. Dr. Atkins also says that ketosis will affect insulin production, which will prevent more fat from being formed. Dr. Atkins says once you enter ketosis and your body begins efficiently using fat as fuel, your cravings for carbs will subside and you won't miss the foods you are doing without.

Ah I see, that makes sense & I should of worked that one out doh!!!
I think I may have to have a look into it as looking at your food choices & what you can eat, sounds perfect to me
xxxx

Oh and erin! Well done! That's a fantastic weight loss! Good luck while you are away x x x

Thanks!!!

I'm bring really strict with myself when I'm away.

Kez, honestly, look into it. It really does work. If you follow it properly, the results are amazing.

Also, Mel. It says during induction you can only eat certain veggies. I eat all xx

Thanks Erin :)
I think once I am back off my holiday I will have a go at it, my eating habits are terrible at the moment & I need to sort them out
xxxx

Ahh Ive been strict with the veggies. I dont mind though tbh. Im going to try make a chilli tomorrow so Ill let you know how that goes!

Another quick question for you girls, did you buy a particular book or just get all the info off the Atkins website?
I thought about buying a book but just looked on Amazon but there is soooooo many to choose from
xxx

My MIL has the book which I just read then went by the website.

I can send you the book if you want and you can just send it back to me when you've read it?

I feel less bloated already...is that possible? lol. Just had cheese as a snack :D

Oh Erin, that would be fab, thank you hun
I'll drop you a PM now
xxxx

I feel less bloated already...is that possible? lol. Just had cheese as a snack :D

Totally!!! Being on Atkins has actually made me not want to eat many carbs just for that reason!!!

Day 4 or 5 you will probably be craving but it only lasts a day! It genuinely does go away! Can you tell I love Atkins? Lol!

You should be a spokes person for them! Can you start Atkins groups? Like slimming world? Bet youd get quite a few people interested actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back