Episiotomy Stitches - please help xx

MrsHope

Reaction score
I've got stitches after an episiotomy last monday 27th May and they are soooo itchy and uncomfortable :( they are getting me down. Any good ideas about how to stop this or am I just moaning and it will be like this for a while? Especially with the loss and pad itching them. I am showering and bathing everyday. Midwife said this was normal when I spoke to her and I think ibuprofen and paracetamol are not relieving any pain at all :( xxx

I know it's no comfort but them being itchy is a good sign, hopefully means they're starting to heal. It does get better, in the mean time try to take it easy and lie down instead of sit when possible. Have you been using anything in your bath to help soothe and heal? I used lavender oil mixed with milk, you'll smell like a granny when you come out but the relief is almost instant and you should notice a huge difference after a few days.x

Thank you, where did u get this lavender oil from? Does it already come mixed with milk? I've been showering on a morning and bathing on a night with salt in the bath water. They are worse on a night when I'm up with the baby which is typical and it has become hard getting out of bed x

Just from the chemist, I've also seen it in home bargains since. It's just plain lavender oil, used for aromatherapy too. Just put a few drops into a glass of milk and pour under running water. Apparently it just sits on too of the water on its own so the milk helps it to mix in. I've heard salt can tighten the stitches which would make it more uncomfortable. Unfortunately I think everything is worse when you're up in the night, with your body being tired etc :( I hope it starts to feel better soon.x

I used a mix of lavender oil and tea tree oil - approx 6 drops of each mixed with a table spoon of milk in a bath, for my c sect stitches - healed beautifully :) xx

You are both stars! Thank u so much xx

I reccommed the lavendar and milk and sympathise with you as I was unable to even walk comfortably for 2 weeks x

I reccommed the lavendar and milk and sympathise with you as I was unable to even walk comfortably for 2 weeks x

This is exactly what is happening! I waddle ridiculously x

It took 4 weeks to heal for me, i used a drop of tea tree oil in a 2 litre jug and poured it over stitches every trip to the loo. Let the air get to them if you can. Make sure there is no infection though but itching for me was a sign of healing ( not in the very beginning though).
If in doubt, better get them checked

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

It took 4 weeks to heal for me, i used a drop of tea tree oil in a 2 litre jug and poured it over stitches every trip to the loo. Let the air get to them if you can. Make sure there is no infection though but itching for me was a sign of healing ( not in the very beginning though).
If in doubt, better get them checked

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

They are itchy hun. I'm constantly washing them but I will give what you suggest a go thank you x

Hi ladies just reading this thread and planning ahead, as lo hasnt arrived yet!

Mrs hope - really hope you feel better/heal soon. I have been told by midwife previously not to use salt as it can make it worse, but as these ladies say have heard good things about lavendar oil.

Ladies who have used tea tree - does this not sting??

xx

I healed about 3-4 weeks after mine I used salt and detol in the bath and for the itchiness I put witch on my sanitary towel and after each bath but on canesten thrush cream as its for skin healing and sooth itching, it's good because it's a cream u can use down there anyway. I don't even have the canesten one mine is one from the doctors but it's the same thing xxxx

Awww I can't offer advice. Mine are still itching :( not as bad but occasionally I get an itch and drives me crazy. Do you have lavender oil? Xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

I used a hot/ice pack from the chemist on mine lol and took some tablets on prescription but can't remember what they were?! That seemed to dI the trick for me. Hope it goes soon xx

I used a mix of lavender oil and tea tree oil - approx 6 drops of each mixed with a table spoon of milk in a bath

As above, I used both oils...no stinging at all! In fact, I've become quite addicted to the mix of smells and still bathe in this combo now - it's so calming :) xx

I'm also using tea tree oil in the bath. My stitches from my tear were itchy and smelly and I have an infection so always best to get checked out if you're not happy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back