Episiotomy + Second Degree Tear

emmimoo

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had LO 10 days ago and today braved it to have a look "down there" and by God I wish I hadn't. As the title says midwife gave me an episiotomy but then I tore anyway, and having a look has really depressed me.
It looks awful! I know its only been 10 days, it's healing well (as far as I can tell) and I'm doing my pelvic floor exercises, but it has really upset me but just by how God awful it looks.
I know its early days but does it get any better? Just can't imagine my husband wanting to even go anywhere near me.......

:(

I didn't have an episiotomy but I did tear, it's way too early to be looking! Don't worry, things will get better in time! Take it easy and let yourself heal, your husband won't care what it looks like and if you're doing your pelvic floor exercises things should feel normal after a while too. Xx

Like navylouise I had a tear but no episiotomy. I can't tell the difference now. I really don't think your husband will care, you're the mother of his child and your body did something amazing.

Xxx

I had episiotomy and third degree tear. I remember the health visitor visiting after I was home, and having a look and saying "oh my goodness you've got three holes!". Not funny at the time! My stitches had burst, and I truly did look awful down there. All was fine after about 6 months though. My scar goes off the side and up my bum cheek, but it just looks like a silver line now.

Don't worry. Bodies are amazing and you will heal in no time. X

Same as Toria, episiotomy and 3rd degree tear. It was awful for a good 3 weeks but has healed fine. I braved a look way at the beginning and I was shocked but now it all looks fine. Don't worry love, still early days and it will settle down xx

Same as Toria, episiotomy and 3rd degree tear. It was awful for a good 3 weeks but has healed fine. I braved a look way at the beginning and I was shocked but now it all looks fine. Don't worry love, still early days and it will settle down xx

I +1 this, 3rd degree tear + episiotomy. Can hardly see a thing 6-7w after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back