Epic fail with rice cakes!

BabyBrain

Reaction score
So I'm trying to get Albert onto finger foods and he's been fine with rusks so I tried him with an organix rice cake. He gummed it for a while then a piece came off and shot straight down his throat. Cue lots of gagging and watering eyes but he couldn't shift it so I had to help :( I only had to hit his back once and it came out but we are both a little tearful now :(. I've given him some juice just to wash away any little bits and he's fine but it's put me off a bit :(. He's snuggled in to me know but am sure he'll forget all about it soon enough and I hope it hasn't put him off too!

Any help with this would be great, finger foods are proving a bit difficult for us xxxxxxx

We've only recently starting giving rice cakes but we have given her biscotti biscuits for months now, Heinz do them in different flavour and they go soggy in the mouth quickly
All you can do is keep trying different things to see if he's ready for them yet and be prepared with a pat on the back & nerves of steel

Thanks hun I'll have a look at the biscotti xxxxxxx

Yes the biscotti ones are really good. Cams not keen on rice cakes either, sucks them til they are soggy and launches it somewhere x

I was actually more worried about rusks than rice cakes! Grace is fine with both though, she just chews them up before swallowing and did so when we started finger foods as she had 2 teeth I think. The biscotti are good too although they are messier! We've just started Grace on crackers and she gagged/coughed a little, my heart was in my throat! xxx

Ah see Albert doesn't have teeth so the piece came off through sheer weight of dribble :D

alyssa loved the heinz biscotti and broccoli spears and carrot sticks.

I can't cope with that fear of choking god knows why was never like it with Dylan I used to feed him all sorts. Because AJ still won't pick things up we are still on the stage where I break things up and feed them to him. He has done so well this week doing so though. Hes had toast, jam sandwich, banana, Farleys rusks (teddy bear shape biscuits), potato waffle and chicken.

Jack has never eaten a rice cake, biscotti or even a normal biscuit! He absoluetly hates anything dry & crunchy!! Makes a quick snack tricky sometimes!

Glad Albert's ok x

I can't cope with that fear of choking god knows why was never like it with Dylan I used to feed him all sorts. Because AJ still won't pick things up we are still on the stage where I break things up and feed them to him. He has done so well this week doing so though. Hes had toast, jam sandwich, banana, Farleys rusks (teddy bear shape biscuits), potato waffle and chicken.

Bless his little heart! :love: xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back