Engagement

jennyr1985

Reaction score
Hello ladies!!

Hope you all are well! Can I ask you all a question please? Well, how long on average can the baby's head be engaged before it is born? My baby's head has been engaged for nearly 4 weeks now (just had another midwife check up today) surely it can't be too long now?

Thankyou! :D

xxx

Hi Jenny, glad you are keeping well. A baby's head can be engaged from 32 weeks onwards. Rebecca's was engaged at 35 weeks and I still needed induced at 40+5. Hopefully not long now for you tho.

K x

Rebecca born 3/2/6 8lb 8oz

Thankyou! Mine has been engaged from 32 weeks, I thought this may have been too early, or an indication that Bean may arrive earlier than it's due date. Looks like i will have to wait then!

xxx

Hey Jenny,

I'm way past my duedate and my LO hasn't even engaged yet! In fact he's gone from 2/5 to 3/5 - i dunno what he's playing at.

Don't think it makes much difference either way - they can engage when your waters go or weeks before. Try to keep cooking til 37/8 though so he doesn't get a wet lung - bless...

xxx

My little girls head is 4/5 engaged i have no idea what that means except that my hips hurt!!!! :D 4/5 out of the pelvis or 4/5 in????

How engaged is your Jenny, the race is on what with the same due date an all, ha ha !!!
:lol:

She only engaged at the last check up at 36 weeks and midwife didnt say much about what it meant.

i think it means she can feel 4/5 of the babys head but dont quote me on it lol

Kai's head only engaged in labour..doesn't mean too much. Dilation is much more of a better indicator.

Hello Kelly!! Well at 33 weeks midwife said it was 2/5 engaged, she said it was well down and she could only feel 2/5 above the pelvis. When I went yesterday she said it has moved to 1/5, meaning only 1/5 can be felt. So that's why I was asking if it meant Bean was going to be arriving soon.

Hows it going for you hun? Can't wait till ours arrive since they are due on the same day!! :D :D

xxx

Hi i not sure but my babys head feels engaged at the minute their is a lot of preassure down below and i can hardly walk. I think it can also get engaged and come back out again you could still go anytime good look and hope you arent waiting too long.

Hi Jenny

Thought i would be really impatient now with only less than 14 days to go! But i'm not i have gotten so used to being PG now that its gonna be weird not being so!

How come you have had so many midwife apps and she has come to your home my appointments are still 3 weeks apart and noone has mentioned coming to the house (probably a good job too, with the mess, i'd have to clean!) !!! No fair!!

I have the midwife on thursday so hopefully bean will have engaged further. My bump has definatly dropped in the past few days.

I have opted out of both a sweep and an induction so hopefully wont need to go longer than 42 weeks!

:shock: less than 2 weeks to go!

Hey hun! My appointments are 2 weeks apart now, but midwife came on friday to talk me through labour etc. because I hadn't managed to go to antenatal classes, her fault as she told me wrong dates! My next appointment is weds, thats at the doctors, which is my usual place I go to.

I want a sweep and induction because Im so impatient!lol! You are definitely more patient than me!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back