engaged..?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Samsgirl, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Samsgirl

Samsgirl Well-Known Member

i do honestly feel like baby has dropped, already!!

i am seeing the midwife tomorrow....but i am feeling so much pressure in my pelvis and lower bump that i am convinced she will tell me boo boo has gone head down..

anyone else any experience or know of babies becoming engaged at 28 and a half weeks???? i know they can pop back out and turn again but did anyone's engage really early but then not come for a few more weeks..?

xx

2. roxane 1985

roxane 1985 Well-Known Member

babies will gt engaged but that just means there head is down in the pelvis it doesnt mean she is getting ready or anything, my boy was engaged from 34 weeks but they could still move his head round freely.

it wount become fixed down there till week 36/37 if its ur first, if its a following pregnancy some babies dont even engaged till labour

3. Samsgirl

Samsgirl Well-Known Member

so its feesible that he/she could have gone head down then...hence the increased pressure feeling?

4. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

Yeah that is possible. My little one is head down but not engaged according to the mw last week. Do get lots of pressure at points and my hips n lower back really feel it now.

Nothing to worry about though hun x

5. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

Mine went head down at 36 weeks (could have been before but thats when a scan showed) and is still head down but thats different to engaged, its head can still move freely x

6. Dollie

Dollie Well-Known Member

I felt LO go head down at 27 weeks and MW confirmed it at 28 weeks and hes stayed there ever since xx

7. Dollie

Dollie Well-Known Member

it doesnt mean LO is engaged though, they can be head down without being engaged, that usually happens late on xx

#7 Dollie, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. roxane 1985

roxane 1985 Well-Known Member

my lo was head down from 18 weeks, the pressure caused everything to swell and made it hard to sit, walk and keep my legs shut, he then became engaged at 34 weeks but like i said his head still moved lol

9. angelmma

angelmma Well-Known Member

My babba became engaged at 32 weeks. Got scanned last week and he's 2/5 in relation to brim which means 3/5 of his head is engaged. Xxx

10. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

had my 28 week mw app this morning and she said her head was down and that explained the pressure but that its normal and she will prob move about again and the re engage closer to D day xxx