Engaged head question!

L2310

Reaction score
So just been for my 38 week appointment and midwife said head is well and truly down or at least as far down as it will go before labour starts apparently. When I've looked in my notes she's only put 3/5th engaged... Would 5/5th mean fully engaged? She said that plus the cramps I've been getting are good signs for reducing chance of having to be induced so fingers crossed! She's booked me in for a sweep a week on Monday which is my due date - eek! Xx

You wouldn't get 5/5ths unless you were in labour. If you think of the size of an average baby's head and the length of pelvis/vagina 5/5th would mean the head has advanced through the dilated cervix.

Great thank you :) I know it doesn't really mean anything anyway but it has to be a positive sign! Anything to give me that little bit of hope it'l all start naturally!! Xx

My midwife does it differently I think, I'm 4/5 engaged, 1/5 being the most engaged.
I think it's means she can feel 4 out of 5 fifths of the head, and that 1 fifth is in my pelvis.
That's what it says in my green notes anyhoo!!
Xxx

Ooooo really?! I will have to have another look in my notes!! Its so confusing, my midwife didn't really explain it properly! Xx

There's a page in there that explains it all Hun!! Have a nosey in your notes!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back