Endometriosis help?

GF91

Reaction score
Hi, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place & it's abit long winded (sorry!!) but I'd really like some help. I was diagnosed IBS years ago which has progressively got worse over the years. With flare ups that are crippling. 7 years ago the doctors ran tests for chrons/ colitis which came back normal so they left me to get on with it really. It took me a year to fall pregnant with my little girl- but thought nothing of it, thinking it was one of those things. But since having her my symptoms have really got worse. I had a coil fitted 4 months after having her as I've always suffered excruciating periods and bleeding/spotting in between in a bid that this would stop it. I constantly get really painful lower abdo cramps, with constant pinching pains and really bad bloating/ back pain but for the last 2 months, before and during going to the toilet I get excruating pain which subsides after I've been & pain during/ after sex. I also suffer with a feeling of pressure in my bottom which if I sit funny sends a shooting pain up into my rib cage. I went to see the nurse to check that I didn't have some sort of infection(I don't) & when going through my symptoms she said that because I have the coil I shouldn't get painful periods or be really be bleeding? & that she thought that it might be endo. I made an appointment with the doctor but he just said it was one of those things & to have the coil removed to see if that makes a difference? He totally brushed me off really. I do have some cysts/masses on my ovaries which where picked up when I had a scan due to appendicitis (3 years ago) but they've not been mentioned since. I'm just wondering if anyone with endo has/does suffer with the same or some of the same symptoms that I've said above? Again- sorry if this is in the wrong place. Xxx

I have endo and I have to say, it does sound like you could have it, based on your symptoms. They do tend to fob you off a lot, be pushy and ask for a scan and/or referral to gynaecology. They can investigate further and do a laparoscopy if they feel it would help. It helped my pain loads. I hope you get someone supportive soon. On a side note, nurofen plus is the only painkiller that worked for me and bee propolis taken daily can help as its an anti-inflammatory xx

I have endo and I have to say, it does sound like you could have it, based on your symptoms. They do tend to fob you off a lot, be pushy and ask for a scan and/or referral to gynaecology. They can investigate further and do a laparoscopy if they feel it would help. It helped my pain loads. I hope you get someone supportive soon. On a side note, nurofen plus is the only painkiller that worked for me and bee propolis taken daily can help as its an anti-inflammatory xx

Lisey, thank you so much for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. I've been speaking to OH about it but he's not really clued up on girly problems so I spoke to my mum. She's advised that I go & see a female doctor and if she won't refer me then she'll pay for me to go private to her gynaecologist. She's really cross about it, as my mum, nan, great nan and my older sister have had cervical cancer which resulted in both Nana's having hysterectomies, my mum having her cervix removed and my sister having laser treatment, so she's really cross that he hasn't referred me because of my history! I'm going to make an appointment on Monday and see how that goes! Thanks for the advise regarding nurofen. I woke up with a headache so took some this morning and although I can still feel the pain it's not as bad as it normally is xxx

Lisey, thank you so much for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. I've been speaking to OH about it but he's not really clued up on girly problems so I spoke to my mum. She's advised that I go & see a female doctor and if she won't refer me then she'll pay for me to go private to her gynaecologist. She's really cross about it, as my mum, nan, great nan and my older sister have had cervical cancer which resulted in both Nana's having hysterectomies, my mum having her cervix removed and my sister having laser treatment, so she's really cross that he hasn't referred me because of my history! I'm going to make an appointment on Monday and see how that goes! Thanks for the advise regarding nurofen. I woke up with a headache so took some this morning and although I can still feel the pain it's not as bad as it normally is xxx

This right here sounds like me- cancer of the lining of the womb with close female family members, my awful period problems (awfully painful, very heavy bleeding through everything, massive clots etc) and also have had to fight for a referral to gynae- it was 4 weeks tomorrow my appointment with the GP and I find out she has failed to actually refer me so I am very angry. She tells me I do nto have cancer- how on earth can she tell me that when she has not given me any sort of diagnostic tests?! I am far more worried that I will have something that will stop me getting pregnant. What on earth is wrong with these GPs who are being like this?! xx

Oh my god that is terrible!! I've got no clue what's wrong with these doctors at all! This is the same doctor that I took my daughter to see when she had gastroenteritis when she was nearly a year old- he told me she wasn't dehydrated, she was over the worst and she'd get better in a few days. Took her back the next day because she was worse, saw a different doctor and she was blue lighted to hospital and out on a drip with severe dehydration!! I'd change doctors but I literally live in the middle of nowhere and he's the closest surgery, the others won't take us on as we live out of the catchment!! Xxx

No worries. I do hope a female doctor is more understanding.
Is it nurofen plus that you tried? Can only get it from pharmacy as has codeine in it. Strong stuff but needed for the endo pain at times. I know how horrendous it can be xx

Nurofen express i think? Didn't realise you can get stronger- I'll have to look into it. If it's really bad I take a couple of OHs tramadol but they have started making me hallucinate and give me insomnia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back