Ended up in hospital for 24 hours!

poppypd

Reaction score
Well I'm here in my own room at the hospital being very well looked after! I got tightening pains in the night and they didn't go away for over an hour so called and went in to be monitored. They were really quiet so think I got lucky! They monitored me for an hour or more but of course the pains went away when I got there! They did come back towards the end so they did a swab test to see if I was either negative or positive, negative being 98% chance of NOT going into labour. Positive, a 50/50 chance of going into labour in next 2 weeks. Mine was positive - pah! So as I'm only 31/32 weeks they gave me steroid injection in my thigh which didn't hurt at all. Another one tomorrow morning to get babies lungs ready should I go into labour early. Staying in over night tonight to keep eye on it, haven't had any pains since midday though. It's the extra fluid around baby that might be bringing on the pains, but of course they can't be that definite.
They've all been super in here, and it has changed my mind about a hospital birth as I may indeed need one after all. I feel very cared for and in a safe place.

:hug: glad they are looking after you hun. Fx LO stays put xxxxxxxxxx

rest lots hun. Glad they are looking after you. xxx

Good they are looking after you chick :) I had to get steriod injections with DD as started dialiating at 32-33 weeks and then gave birth to her at 36 weeks weighing 7lb 4oz. Good luck chick xxx

ooo good luck....stay put for a bit baby xx

good luck. fingers LO decides to stay put for a wee while. xxx

Glad you're being looked after.xx

Thanks Ladies. Still no more tightenings since midday so fingers crossed it will stay that way over night and i'll go home in morning after second steroid injection. My urine sample also did show some traces of infection so it could be due to that also (had the same thing 5 weeks ago!- UTI and severe cramps! Don't ignore them ladies!)

I can hear babies crying down the corridor - bless, apparently there were 10 planned cesareans yesterday.

If anything this little scare has made me bond even more as I feel so protective of her, I just want to stay in there for longer so she can get stronger.

Aww... Glad you are being well looked after. Fingers crossed LO stays put for at least a few more weeks. Xx

:hugs:
Good Luck, Hope LO decides to stay put for a short while for you.
Least they are looking after you well. x

Update; no more pains so I'm coming out today. Got some antibiotics for urine infection, hoping I'll be ok now and she stays in there for the next 8 weeks!

So pleased they are letting you out, hope you are at home now being pampered.

Glad to hear they've let you out! Have the pains stopped now?

:hugs:

Hi Rachel - yes they've stopped, I did a little update post about it a 'couple back'. I really don't want anymore for a while - at least 5 or 6 weeks! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back