Emotional Day

K X

Reaction score
I have just been watching the lunch time news "Scotland Today", and a story came on about an accident that happened at the weekend up North in Irvine, and I can't stop crying.

A man and woman were killed in a collision with a Police van, the woman died at the scene, she was 8 months pregnant, and the dad died on arrival at hospital. They delivered the baby by C Section (obviously) but she died 12 hours later. They had previously named her Eva as they knew they were expecting a girl. How sad is that? A whole family wiped out.

Sorry for being so depressing but for some reason that story has hit me hard. My mum keeps telling me, atleast they are all together in heaven, and can be a family up there. How cruel is ths world.

Oh ladies sorry for being manic. xxxx :(

That is a terrible story :(
I know you shouldn't wish life away but I'm glad the little girl got to rest with her parents - they deserve to rest together after that ordeal.

I hate to think what I'd do if I lost anyone close to me like that :cry:

hi

it breaks your heart hearing things like that.

i always tell everyone i love them at home before i leave for work. you never know!!!!!

x

Yea i read that in the sun, its really sad and you are soooo right, its a cruel world. :cry:

A few months ago I saw a report on Newsnight about bombings in Iraq where a woman and her husband were blown up by insurgents when they were coming out of a health clinic- she was due to give birth the next week. I still think about it a lot, all that potential, that whole family gone in an instant. It is indeed a violent world. I guess becoming a mother brings home to you just how much effort and love goes into making each and everyone of us who we are- everyone is someone's baby no matter what. I guess it's why women are more natural peace advocats too.

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back