Embarressing!!!! TMI

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Jodie_2013, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Jodie_2013

Jodie_2013 Well-Known Member

Ok girls...me and OH haven't done the deed since I found out I was pregnant! Don't ask why I just don't feel up to it at all and he works awful hours.

When i first found out I was pregnant and a few other times during pregnancy I've had vivid dreams (not sexual dreams) just very vivid everyday general dreams and sometimes wake up and I feel like I've had an orgasm!!!! And I know I have I feel it.
    Anyway everytime this happens I get tummy aching muscles lower down, hence why I'm scared to have sex now. It doesn't hurt just I know it's there.

Is this normal? X

2. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

When you orgasm it can cause mild contractions - completely normal and harmless! Unless the baby is ready to come out it won't start up labour.

Another of the weird side effects of pregnancy! x

3. Jodie_2013

Thanks AmyQ!!! Yes I know it's never happened to me before but keeps doing it!!! Maybe I need to pluck up the courage and just do the deed!!! Yes when I wake it's a tight sharp feeling lower left hand side then for a few hours I get the odd niggle! X

4. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

My DH wasn't very lucky until I went overdue lol! It's completely safe though xx

5. Nat28

Nat28 Well-Known Member

I had this in first trimester woke me up with stomach type cramps only lasted couple seconds then wentx

6. Jodie_2013

Yeah Nat I asked a similar question in tri1 and remembering you having the same!!! Just wonder why I still have it!!! Oh well!!! Hasn't hurt baby so far so sure I'll be fine x

7. Lauren84

Lauren84 Well-Known Member

I've experienced this, several times! I've read quite a few women on here have experienced this as well and it's completely normal. I've had sex throughout my pregnancy as was reassured its safe. Go for it! Haha xx

8. Jodie_2013

Thanks lauren! Just doesn't feel nice does it!!? These babies know how to make their mummies worry!!!
    I woke up like omg and ouch lol!!! These pregnancy hormones Doing my head in I'm goin crazy haha! X

9. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Thats what braxton hicks feel like for 30 secs or so, its the oxytocin released during orgasim, thats why they say to have sex when you go over due. Dont worry its all good toning practice for your uterus, you wont go into labour as nothing is ready yet , stop watching the scrummy iron man , robert Downey junior before you go to bed!!!

#9 JJ Mum, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  10. cw25

cw25 Well-Known Member

Go for it!!! Dtd can be a whole new experience when ya preg trust me ;)

11. Jodie_2013

Haha I love this JJ!!!! Ok I'll stop watching fit men ;)

I know I really need to pluck up the courage and just do it!!!!

Thank u you lovely ladies x

12. Lauren84

Lauren84 Well-Known Member

It's just weird isn't it ??

They certainly do! Just think, this worry will be with us forever now :-/ lol xx

13. Gemsy

Gemsy Well-Known Member

Its totally normal!

And yes, it is your uterus contracting, which feels weird but its totally safe. AND - orgasms are good for your pelvic floor, so get going!