Embarrassing varicose vein down below

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hey...
Not been on the forum for a while hope everyone is well. Im 28 weeks ive been feeling realt heavy and swollen down below.... Today i plucked up the courage to look with a mirror.
Well it wasnt a pretty site. I have what looks like varicose veins bulging in my lady bits.
Has anyone ever had this? Or is expericing it? I have no idea if its normal
Or what i can do to help it.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard this is common. I am probably in the same boat, but haven't actually looked! I keep saying to hubby that it feels like it's trying to turn inside out!

I have heard this is common. I am probably in the same boat, but haven't actually looked! I keep saying to hubby that it feels like it's trying to turn inside out!

Oh not good! Please let me know if u decide to look. I am going to tell my midwife on tuesday about it... Ive read that if its a natural birth u need to be very careful as it can cause even more bleeding. Thanks for replying hope ur keeping well xxx

Me - I've got them there too. I am pretty swollen and uncomfortable with them. I didn't even need to look with mirror - I can feel them ....TMI sorry. They will most likely be down your right side?

I had them in my last pregnancy and you'll be pleased to know they went completely after delivery. Back again with gusto this time though.

I spoke to my GP and she said it's 'normal' in pregnancy for some women. Nothing to worry about but might be worth seeing yours if its uncomfortable or hot.

Mine recommended an ice pack for swelling and you can buy some really relieving strips I got from Boots for pre and after labour for 'down below" They are called something ..... Gyn - can let you know if interested. I just bought them in Boots by the pregnancy care products. They are really nice and you can use them after delivery too.

Trying to put your feet up will help too as like Varicose veins anywhere they are relived if you are not standing. I also have them in my leg ( so lucky me ;-) )

I'm 30 weeks and this problem came around 25 weeks.

Its just the baby putting pressure on your lady bits. Not nice but it will resolve.

Hope it helps to know you aren't the only one. x

Thanks for your reply and sorry that you have this too :-( reallt annoying & u comfortable isnt it. I work mon-fri and my job is really active so at the weekends ive been trying to rest up and get those legs rested.
We are at the last hurdle... Hope your keeping well otherwise.
The forum is great for support and it definatly helps to know im not alone d

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back