embarrassing question...

hipchick5

Reaction score
Hi girls, this is sooo embarrassing but i need to ask cause its been on my mind a bit.. when i went to the toliet last night this strange stuff came out of me, it was clear and like egg white, it was stringiy and about 2 inches long.. has anyone else had this? sorry to ask such a personal question but im baffled as to what it is.. im near 11 weeks pregnant now...

hiya, you just reminded me, i had exactly the same as this when i was about 10 weeks pregnant.
it scared me a bit too, but it's just extra fluid down there and everything turned out fine :)

ok.. feel better now someone else has had it too.. the smallest things can worry a pregnant person...

Hi there :wave:

The thing I have learnt is that when pregnant there is nothing that is embarassing anymore :shock: :lol: All dignity seems to go out the window and you end up having to ask the strangest often intimate questions that you never in your life thought you would ever ask :rotfl: Its harder for us to ask than it is for someone to answer is what I've learnt. But thankfully here, someone usually takes the plunge and gives a reply :pray: :lol:

Really, I've been poked, prodded, monitored, jabbed and goodness knows what else and have just come to accept that there are some times that the only way to find out is to blurt it out and ask :roll: I usually try and make a joke of it if I can but most of the time the doc just smiles and says he's ok hearing it and it'd take a lot to shock him :oops: I had to have an ECG the other day and the nurse was sticking things under my boobs, down my leg, all over and I was like 'Argh my boobs are huge, she has to lift them to stick the sensor on!!! WTF!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ' but she didn't mind in the least. I was humilated for all of 2 minutes and then I could go and never see her again :rotfl:

Now I get to go back for an echo on my heart in a few weeks and you can bet that'll be another boob moment for me to cringe over :rotfl:

And yes, I had similar to you iirc. Now I am into 2nd tri I tend wear panty liners every day just in case :roll:

Yes I had this too. Exactly the same thing! It scared me too, went round posting on different message boards about it!

Hi,

Yeah, I've had this kind of thing too, sounds perfectly normal.

Pregnancy/ birth is the most undignified thing ever!!! Actually giving birth, well I'm not even going there for now.......

DaisyRose said:
Pregnancy/ birth is the most undignified thing ever!!! Actually giving birth, well I'm not even going there for now.......

I have been thinking about it since before I conceived even :shock: It's not the pain of labour or any of that, but the blooming loss of any shred of dignity. Just :shock: I keep telling myself they've seen it all before, but it doesn't help much. Plus I am feeling like a fat blob and totally not good about my body in any way atm other than the baby bump :wall: :roll: :oops: That someone else has to see it all :oops: :oops: :oops:

:rotfl: I'm sure I'll get over it in about 5 minutes when it actually happens but until then I shall fret away quietly about it :lol:

thanks everyone feel alot better now and im not worried and yes u do loose all ur dignity lol..

Yeah, I'm pretty glad I haven't seen any of the med. staff that were present during Daisy's and Rosie's births again. You get past caring though (I remember my Mum saying that to me when I was expecting Daisy and I really didn't believe her but it is true!!!)

Feeling pretty awful at the mo. too - feel like I am eating too much and putting on too much weight!!! :roll: Most of my trousers don't fit me anymore (already) and I was looking at maternity wear earlier and thinking that I'd look rather like I was dressed in curtains!!!) Managed to find some nice black trousers though! :)

my skin is all broke out.. i never hads a sot in my life until i get pregnant, and there are no nice maternity cloths and who wants to spend loads of money on them anyway lol..

I must admit, this is the first time I have bought any maternity clothes. Last time I bought a few pairs of big trousers from charity shops, and the time before I didn't get big until much later on, and by then it was summer so I just wore elasticated waist summer skirts. I thought I'd buy the black trousers though as they're quite smart and they'll be good for Christmas and winter/spring next year. Don't want to spend a lot more though - have got my eye on a new pushchair!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back