Embarrassing but is it normal?

Sarah7

Reaction score
I have had a thorough look over old threads in the hope of really not having to post this as I can feel myself getting embarrassed already!
Everything I've read has said that constipation is normal and a good sign because its a hormon that causes it (i think) but I haven't been at all! And the last 3-4 days it's been getting even less so and I am now the erm, extreme opposite of constipated...
Basically should I be worried about this? Does anyone else have it or did have it?
Going to go hide my face now...
Thank you!

I dnt have constipation at all. I don't think is a really reliable symptom. I eat so many fruits, vegetables and pulses that is virtually impossible to be constipated unless you use to even before or your sickness dosent allow you to eat properly, enough fibers etc. really don't worry about that at all

I get it SO BAD. At one point I didn't poop for nearlly a fortnight! It's agont isn't it? Once it does come out, it comes out like a river haha! I'm exactly the same. Don't worry. It's normal :). Just make sure you're drinking plenty to keep you hydrated and it'll also help move any blockages :). I eat alot of fruit and veg now as well, I've found that a HUGE help!
I think baby's just like to sit in awkward places :D.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dont worry, thats also completely normal. Hormone changes can effect your bowels in different ways and you might find this changes again as your pregnancy progresses! As for being embarrassed, im afraid pregnancy brings lots of these type of questions and before you know it it will be completely normal to be discussing these types of things on a daily basis with
Your friends, over tea and cake,lol! Welcome to the joys of motherhood....its worth every second!

i suffer from really bad constipation its awful x

Its totally normal , i'd maybe up the intake of fruits veg and roughage in your diet.

It only gets worse poo wise lol , i had a massive runny poo standing up and onto the floor whilst in labour! All airs and graces dissapear. It was my worst labour fear and boy did i do it in style x

I have it. My ass literally explodes about twice a day now. The kind where I get a sore tummy and NEED to go asap.

My baby is perfectly healthy so far. I wouldn't worry :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've had "looser bowels" the whole of my pregnancy! It's nothing to worry about hun, and my mw said its totally normal. Different people are affected in different ways xx

Thank you so much everyone! That's a really huge relief to hear it is actually normal :)
I can't eat dairy and I never eat red meat and barely any white meat so I was starting to think my diet was doing horrible things despite trying harder than ever to make sure I'm getting enough protein and calcium etc even though I'm taking vitamins.

Hard to believe these discussions become the norm... Great that all of you ladies are so willing to discuss it and clearly the embarrassment totally disappears at some point!

Thank you, feeling more relaxed already!
Xx

Last edited:
Lol I go from one to the other each week haha

Xx

i was constipated for a few days but i am going fairly normal so dont worry :D

Oh I had horrendous loose bowels last week! I was sat in the hairdressers and my tummy started cramping really badly, I was so worried it was the baby so was really relieved when I realised it was just because I really needed the loo! I didn't want to go to the posh beauty salon loo so I was sat there with my legs crossed praying for her to hurry up and cut my hair faster so I could go home and go to my own loo! Drove home completely breaking all the speed limits and just made it, lol. Then last night I was constipated again so it seems to be going from one extreme to the other lol.

I also was a bit worried as I thought constipation was more common, so its a relief to find out it can be both! So thanks for asking this question hun :)

I am wondering if its partly caused by the fact that we are maybe eating a bit differently to normal? I know I'm eating a lot more fruit as I'm really craving pineapple and grapes, so maybe that was why, lol x

Last edited:
Be careful with lots of pineapples at early pregnancy. Though I doubt you can eat so much to actually cause you contractions ...

Omg really? Come to think of it, they I've just realised they do say to eat pineapple to bring on labour don't they! Oh heck I didn't know you weren't meant to eat it! I absolutely love it at the minute too, will have to try and cut down! Thanks hun X

I am sure you can still eat it, just be carefully to not eat very big quantities. I ate pineapple yesterday :)

I'm loving the tinned pineapple slices atm. Yum yum x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I ate a whole fresh pineapple in one go the other week! It was yummy! I think it can only bring on labour if you are further along, and it's probably a myth anyway! x

I am pleased to say my bowel movements are O.K :rotfl:

In all seriousness I started off totally constipated though so what your having is normal are bodies are in overdrive at the moment so hope it gets better for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back