Ella's kitchen stage 2

BabyBrain

Reaction score
These are doing Albert no favours at all :(. They are slightly more textured but not much different to their purees and he can just swallow them down. I've given him Cow and Gate stage 2 today to get some different tastes and they are much lumpier and he's spent lunch and tea basically gagging his way through eating, tears in his eyes and looking very sorry for himself.

He is not a fussy baby and loves the tangier tastes, he loved the C&G sweet and sour chicken with rice he had for lunch but was keeping the lumps in his cheeks. I know I just have to keep going at it but it's heartbreaking watching him gag and cough. I don't want to put him off eating but I don't want to give in to him either. His puddings tend to be very smooth and he's much happier eating these but I don't want him to favour puddings over savoury and he can't be on purees forever.

Finger foods are still pretty much a no go too apart from rusks. After watching my friend's DS end up with food phobia and only weighing 2 and a half stone at aged 5 I think I'm a bit paranoid lol xxxxxxx

Oh dear! How old is he now? I can't see tickers on tapatalk!
In any case it's still about persistence. However if he really seems unsure of himself with the lumps then maybe leave it a week and try to re-introduce? Xx

He will gag hun. It means his reflexes are working properly and everything is in good order. He isn't actually choking, please remember that. If he was choking he wouldn't be making any noises at all.

It happens because they just Hoover everything to the back of their mouth.

T is able to move things around her mouth now and allow saliva to break it up more before swallowing. It looks like she's chewing but she hasn't got any teeth so strictly she isn't. Lol

Keep trying him hun. If T is gagging I count to 5 and she ALWAYS clears it. Xxx

He's 7 months. Been weaning since 18 weeks and I've tried several times with lumps. This is my final push lol, I must persevere. When I spoke to the hv about it she basically told me to belt up rofl

I am afraid you need to keep going. He will get used to it. I had to sit on my hands when lo was biting off huge chunks he couldnt chew but he soon learnt

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ella is terrible with textured food, she will eat it but it takes twice and long and we have tears and spoons thrown on the floor whereas smooth foods go down in 2 mins with limited waste!... She is 1 next week I thought she would have got over it by now!

I feel lucky now that I have a human waste disposal lol x

I feel lucky now that I have a human waste disposal lol x

Me too lol. He loves his food and you can definitely tell lol. Over 13 kg

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yes I would say keep trying Hun, he will get the hang of it eventually, we never did smooth puréed food at all, but we didn't wean till 5.5 months so went straight with lumps although he can be quite fussy with flavours.

I agree with everyone just keep at it even now my lo if she's tired will cry and spit lumps out but most of time will chew. Have you tried the baby tiny star pasta and adding that to the ella kitchen stage 2 pouches to give it a bit more texture. If you have any Italian shops in your area you can get a brand called plasmon which my lo loves and only takes few mins to cook as its so small x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back