Ella Rachel Wardle born 11/10/14

Suze5241

Reaction score
After a softly softly start, my daughter Ella was born at 10.09 am weighing 8 lb 15.5 oz!

I started having pressure and pains post unsuccessful sweep on 09/10/14 which was the day before my due date. Last night after dinner my usual BHs had a bit of an edge to them. My heartburn also ramped right up. Ella is my second child so I knew these were signs but still tried not to read too much into it.

By midnight I was having heartburn really badly and felt I needed to get up and take my mind off how uncomfortable I was. Then the upset tummy began and I was like oooook. I timed them for three painful hours and the contractions stayed at half an hour apart and a minute long. by 5.30 I got my partner up to help me time them. Just the act of climbing the stairs to wake him was enough to bring them on harder and faster and by 7.30 we had our babysitters round and I'd started mooing like a cow through them.

I'd wanted a water birth so rang the unit and they thankfully said come straight in. I was examined between contractions and found to be 9 cms dilated so no water birth for me but went to labour ward and 3 hrs later she was in my arms.

I am a major fan of gas and air for both my births. The midwife had to break my waters as this got in the way of her coming out and once she had the relief was amazing.

I'm so besotted with her already. I have my boy and my girl and I am done now but so thrilled to have had such a good birth and wanted to share. xx

Amazing birth story, such a fast and straight forward labour, congratulations Suzanne!!! Ella is a darling and great weight! All the best to all of you xxxx

Lovely story, huge congratulations xxxx (PS. Great name, I have an Ella)

Congratulations on your daughter, sounds like a nice straight forward birth!

I am new to this forum but a massive Congratulations! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back