Eggs

Lynds77

Reaction score
how does your little one take them?

I scrambled an egg (made sure it was well done) and mashed it with a fork into tiny bits. Freya just spat it out. She hated it. She still doesnt do well with lumps, still gagging and trying to push them out with her tongue.

so how do you give your little ones eggs? I just wonder if i hard boiled it, I could mash the yoke with something and just bin the white rubbery bit that I dont think she would take?

amelie has hers runny (yes norwegian babies are apparently more resilient from the british ones lol) and she dips bread in or in an omelet with veggies etc and she chews down the whole thing like i do, no mashing. she hates with passion scrambled eggs. you can mash with avocado for example or just add in her stew or make a pancake for her when she starts chewing and having finger foods.

I've given scrambled but Cam wasn't very impressed either.

I'm going to try hard boiled and cut it into pieces and see if he prefers that. He does very well with finger foods though.

XX

I keep meaning to try Greyson on "chucky eggs". Very slightly runny in the middle for a bit of moisture, mashed up with a bit of butter. Tasty!!!

James has turned his nose up the two times I have offered him scrambled egg. I am going to try and omelette next time

xxxxxxx

might try a hot hard boiled egg, mixed with a little butter for dinner later on.

so wish she would take lumpy things!

Does she have bread? You could do eggy bread?

xxxxxx

nope, tried her with toast a few times and she sooks on it but gags if a biggish bit gets in hour mouth.....

Ah crap!!!

Sorry hun, no more suggestions from me (I only gave James eggs for the first time last week!)

xxxxxxxx

well she just got a hard boiled egg mashed with some butter. It was still a bit liquid in the middle, but just a bit so i gave it anyway. Rebel!! haha

she seemed to really like the taste, just not the bits. BUT she seemed to get more used to it and ate about a quarter.
she will get another one tomorrow and the day after and the day after that until she eats a bloody whole one!!

I gave a soft boiled egg last week..... Not realising your not meant to until 1 year old... BAD MUMMY! Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We do scrambled egg. S likes to eat it off my fork, rather than feed herself or off of a spoon!

I make LM a small omelette and put some tomato or whatever I've got in, she loves it! X

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I cannot get W to eat eggs. He has French toast though.

I started with slices of hard boiled egg (well cooked) and she ate it fine. I tried scrambled egg she had a litlle bit and refused the rest. Xx

Ethan loves omelettes! He also has had a hard boiled egg cut up into slices to feed himself.. I've only tried scrambled egg once though, and he absolutely hated it lol xx

I tried W again today with scrambled egg and he ate it great. So pleased!xx

I cannot get W to eat eggs. He has French toast though.

Same, Eggy bread is one of James' faves yet he still won't get beyond throwing eggs - in any other variety - on the floor (he just seems to hate the texture of them??)

xxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back