EDIT What your last day at work? YEAH ONE LESS WEEK

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
First day back at work was not to bad!
Nice and easy day more then half the kids in my preschool group our still off. So we only had 14 all day on the biggest day we usualy have 26. :evil: Enjoyed the smaller group! we didnt bother to split into our individual age groups we just chose toys and had a simple day of playing. WISH EVERY DAY WAS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :D I officaly booked my last day at work to day it's the 30TH of April I'll take my 12 days hol entiltlment and my maternity leave starts the 18th of May, Baby due date 24th of May. So i'll have time before baby arrives at home to rest and not use up more the a few days of actual matenity leave before baby arrives. ( Hol pay is full pay :D Maternity is 90% :( )

I've worked the odd day here and there over xmas and new year, but only work part time so can't complain.
My maternity leave starts 1st March but I'm hoping to use some holiday and leave a couple weeks before that.
Baby isn't due until 20th April, I just hate my job and can't wait to get out of there. Quite fancy a few weeks of being able to get the house sorted at a leisurely pace, and to relax before the chaos of sleep deprivation starts.

28th March is my last day.

As I'm only on statutory too, I wanted to leave it as long as possible - plus then I get longer with baby afterwards too!

12 weeks from now will fly by anyway
(ok, now I'm scared!)
:rotfl:

I was hoping that the 30th April would be my last day as well - thinking on taking some anual leave before but it actually works out better if i start maternity leave first as i will then take anual leave before i come back to work (only coming back part time and currently working full time - anual leave stretches further!)

Im not counting down the days but at a guess its only 17 weeks to go!

28th March is my last day too. Although I do leave on the 21st I think, but school will be closed for Easter from the 21st onwards.
I'll be 38 weeks :shock:

Baby due on 8th July - starting maternity around the 15th June...

20th of June is my borthday and got a week to enjoy the sunshine and get house ready - fingers crossed!!

I'm on holiday from 20th March and my maternity leave starts on 7th April. Baby's due 26th April. If Im struggling / can't be bothered I'll just work 3 days a week from February some time. I only get maternity pay for the 3 days a week so going part time won't affect it.
Some people on this forum have said they got very bored with having a long time off before baby came. They obviosly have more get up and go than I do :D I've been off for 2 weeks now and I could happily stay off until the baby comes :rotfl:
Just a word of thought (I was going to say warning but that seemed too severe) Geordie Lass - baby could pop out from 37 weeks and still be full term. I don't think your maternity leave can start any later than the day your baby is born - I looked it up before ttc. So depending on whether your holiday pay would be given to you as a lump sum (very nice scenario) or whether the holiday leave would disappear (bad scenario) you might want to check that out.
Sorry if I've jinxed you and don't have baby until 42 weeks now :D

im at work, got a sticking cold as well and just want to stop in bed

my baby is due may 28th and im hoping to work til may 14th so i get more time after with the baby but will have to see how i am

I'm leaving officially on Sunday 17th February, although the last 10 days or so of that is half term so my last day at work is Saturday 9th Feb :cheer:

Baby is due 26th April so I'm leaving very early BUT I hate my workplace (not my job) and I can't wait to get out. I'm not going back and we don't need the money so why not?

On the plus side, work have now removed ALL my extra duties so I never have to do a 15 hour day again :cheer:

I have been working over Christmas, just had the bank holiday days off as I want to save my A/L until March so I can have longer on mat leave!! My last day is 4th March, baby due 12th April. I'm taking 6 months off then will be back in September for 3 days a week. Only 9 weeks until mat leave - bring it on!!! By 3pm I'm seriously flagging!

Im leaving at the end of Feb babys not due till 23rd April but the way my holiday year runs i needed to fit all my weeks into the year so i dont lose my holiday pay.

Only another 8 weeks at work :D

Theres seems to be a few of us leaving early so we will all be bored in third tri together :D.

OH DEAR NOW IAM WORRIED!!!!!
I have to take my hols before the baby is born as Our hols run Dec to Dec and you cannot use them after that. And i will not be returning afterwards so would not be able to take it after maternity. Im taken the full amount of maternity leave i can. I dont wont to take hols earlier as id not wont to go back. i wont to leave maternity leave till the last possible moment. And use hols to have some time off to rest before little bubba arrives. I need every penny i can get. So i can not afford to lose out on hol pay. I will be defenetly checking my entitelments at work tommorow. ( Fingers crossed i go full term) :(

I go back to work on Monday :cry: , but I only have three weeks left before maternity leave :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am going at 29 weeks, I can't wait.

geordie lass said:
OH DEAR NOW IAM WORRIED!!!!!
I have to take my hols before the baby is born as Our hols run Dec to Dec and you cannot use them after that. And i will not be returning afterwards so would not be able to take it after maternity. Im taken the full amount of maternity leave i can. I dont wont to take hols earlier as id not wont to go back. i wont to leave maternity leave till the last possible moment. And use hols to have some time off to rest before little bubba arrives. I need every penny i can get. So i can not afford to lose out on hol pay. I will be defenetly checking my entitelments at work tommorow. ( Fingers crossed i go full term) :(

This sounds quite similar to me our holiday year runs from Jan - Dec so as long as you are employed by your work (this includes when on maternity leave) by Dec you still get your whole years worth of holiday. Im not allowed to carry holiday over to 2009 so ive had to leave earlier than i wanted to make sure i fit my 4 weeks holiday into 2008 as i need to have 2 weeks of the holiday at the end of maternity leave as i cant take 4 weeks before maternity leave as i would only of worked 2 months of the year and you have to accur holiday. Hope that helps i would check how much holiday you get as we all know holiday pay is more money than maternity leave.

ive had to leave already cos if i started the first project after xmas i would have to see it through doing a 60 hour week til i'd be 81/2 months... :shock: im kinda thinking i shouldhave stayed for the money but in reality i need to take it a bit easier now. cos my hubby/work partner/boss IS staying for the first round, i'm still relocating with him and i'll do odd jobs for him to make a bit of cash but it will be a fraction of what i was doing before

My last day will be 23rd April and due on 21st May, so Im leaving 4 weeks before my due date. Some of my leave is holiday entitlement and then I start my mat leave on 10th May.

Im taking 9 months off at the moment but may extend to 12 months depending on finances. I wont be able to take the rest of my holiday entitlement on my return to work as the new holiday year will have started so I will be paid for the holidays I have accrued whilst I am on mat leave.

hello

bloom - im due 23rd april too, i am offically leaving 31march but will take a couple of weeks holiday before.
i am taking a year off, a bit confused as to how it will work with my hols but i might be able to go back sooner, i get 3 months full pay then im stat.
gemx

Ginnymarie said:
hello

bloom - im due 23rd april too, i am offically leaving 31march but will take a couple of weeks holiday before.
i am taking a year off, a bit confused as to how it will work with my hols but i might be able to go back sooner, i get 3 months full pay then im stat.
gemx

Ginny your ticker is wrong if your due the same day it will be a race to the finish line then lol.

I hadn't really thought about it before, I work part-time - 19 hours a week but i'm not happy there at the moment, in fact i feel like i'm a pain to them.
If i take holiday before then i might finish end of april, around 4 weeks before i'm due.

Cos i'm only part-time the pay i'll get all the way through is no different from what i'm on now.
Ideally i'd like to be working full time but i got the part-time job as a college student and then kept it thinking i'd be at uni this year!

I'm also doing a OU degree -in fact i've just started :)
So i'll be plenty busy ensuring i'm well ahead with it!

YEAH 13 WEEKS TO GO TILL MATERNITY
GO QUCIK PLEASE :pray:
i was supposed to finish work on the 30 of April but ive found out i have more days owing to me :dance:
So my new date to finish work is the 25TH OF APRIL
RESULT :dance: :cheer:
ive marked to weeks counting down in my diary
cant wait :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member