ECV stories please - Have one booked for Thurs

babyslog

Reaction score
Ill be 37+6 with a still naughty footling breech baby!

Ive had a little google. Ive not seen any horror stories. I know theres some risks involved although low.

Its kinda 50/50 from what ive read. Either works or not!

Anyone that had a footlin breech that had a successful ecv? Ive read and been told by my MW this is the most awkward one as the consultant preforming cant really scoop under their bum as the engaged feet/legs are in the way!

Im now fully prepare and mentally ready to accept a c section if not successful, im not comfortable with attempting a vaginal breech birth.
But id love to give this ECV a go.
Ive been trying diff ways at home but hes pretty snug up by my ribs!

I don't have any experience but hellywelly had an ecv in Feb I believe and it was unsuccessful. She did manage a vaginal breech though but baby wasn't a footling breech.

I agree I wouldn't go for a vaginal footling breech so wish you all the luck that the ecv works. xx

Hey lovely, yes I had an unsuccessful ecv in Jan at 36 weeks with a frank (bum down) breech. I checked out some journal papers and research and was very satisfied at the extremely low risk rate, and thought it was worth a shot to give me a chance at a head down birth. For the procedure itself, they scanned beforehand to check cord position etc, then injected me with ventolin to relax my uterus (makes your heart race like crazy but only lasts for a few mins) and then tried to turn baby. It wasnt horrendously painful, more uncomfortable (a bit like a huge Chinese burn!). They tried twice but baby wasn't going anywhere! They scanned throughout the procedure and monitored the heart rate, and then again for an hour afterwards. Each consultant has their own success rate, our hospitals is quite high (60-70%) but I put a dent in that! Because baby was in a good position (frank breech) and I had birthed vaginally before, I was given the choice to opt for a vaginal birth, which I did, and baby Poppy arrived 8 days overdue weighing 8lbs 15oz in a two and a half hour labour! I was told that if baby was footling then I would have had no choice and would have needed a section. You can also encourage baby to turn with techniques off the spinning babies website, moxibustion and chiropractic techniques. Good luck!! Xx

Aww thanksfor replying hun!

Apparently my consultant thats doing it has something stupid like 94%!! And the ultrasounders goggles and said he was 'good with his hands' Lmfaooo!!!

Ive given a few things a go at home but he doesnt seem to want to budge for me!
The procedure sounds like what my leaflet says, check on scan beforehand, injection and then N hour afterwards. Also a rescan a week later to make sure baby is still head down or whilst i go into labour of thats before the week is up.

Ideally is love to have a vaginally! As we all would! I was having a blinking homebirth until this lol!
But ive decided now even if it works im going to just go to the MLU for a nice waterbirth instead (started off in the water in my 1st labour but meconium and destressed baby had other ideas)..

Will let you know how ecv goes!

Fab news to knownu managed a very quick breech labour too!!!! Xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27