ECV honest stories

Donna88

Reaction score
Hi ladies (and gents),

I know some people have already told me some stories about people they know who have had to have an ECV and I appreciate these, just wondering if anyone else has anything to share?

My baby is currently in a transverse position and always has been. I'm having a scan next Wednesday to see if she's moved, I know there's a chance she will move on her own but in all honesty I don't think I can see it happening, ever since I've been able to feel her position she has been transverse. It was only the other week when I had a scan to check my placenta that I realised it wasn't normal for her to lay that way this late in my pregnancy.

Anyway, my midwife has said they will offer to try and turn the baby but that's completely upto me as it can be really painful. My first thought was that I would go ahead and do this as a bit of pain now would be better than the risks later on of going into labour and having cord prolapse.

However, I've since looked into them more and stories seem to be one extreme or the other. Some people claiming it worked with only some mild discomfort. Others claiming that it was horrific left them with serious bruising and was worse than labour. I've also looked and seen that it only works 50% of the time. I'm not sure that's a high enough chance of it working for me to risk the pain to me and potential distress to baby? Then there's the added chance that even if I am the lucky 50% that she'll just move back into her transverse position where she is clearly quite comfortable at the moment.

Obviously when I have my scan they will hopefully talk me through my personal circumstances. I'm hoping they can offer a little more advice as I don't think this is a decision I can make at the moment on my own :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back