Ectopic? Or not? Help please

Laura young

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm a little scared.

This is my first pregnancy and I only found out im pregnant 5 days ago.
However the day after I found out, my shoulders started hurting.
It was like a sharp pain at the nib of my shoulder and I know that's a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.
However it was a sharp pain that came and went in seconds and happened maybe 3 or 4 times throughout the day.
I did also have pain in my left side which I can only describe as period cramps.
I went to the hospital and my hcg levels were at 241 and they scanned me internally and found nothing (which is to be expected but I mean they found no fluid)
The hospital then said to come back in two days which I did.
My levels went up to 850 but they couldn't scan me.

I felt really nauseous but for the past 2 days my nausea has gone.
The pain in my shoulders is more of an ache then a sharp pain even though now and again I am having that sharp pain and my arms feel between have a jab and having that numbness/ someone punching me in the arm and giving me dead arm. Today my neck is aching really bad, and a cross between a sharp pain and a pulled muscle ache.

I go back to the hospital for a scan in 3 more days but I can't stop worrying .

Has anyone else had this in early pregnancy and it turned out not to be ectopic. Or is it almost certain it is ectopic?

Thought I'd add I've had no bleeding what so ever.
Thank you

Hi.

I'm a little scared.

This is my first pregnancy and I only found out im pregnant 5 days ago.
However the day after I found out, my shoulders started hurting.
It was like a sharp pain at the nib of my shoulder and I know that's a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.
However it was a sharp pain that came and went in seconds and happened maybe 3 or 4 times throughout the day.
I did also have pain in my left side which I can only describe as period cramps.
I went to the hospital and my hcg levels were at 241 and they scanned me internally and found nothing (which is to be expected but I mean they found no fluid)
The hospital then said to come back in two days which I did.
My levels went up to 850 but they couldn't scan me.

I felt really nauseous but for the past 2 days my nausea has gone.
The pain in my shoulders is more of an ache then a sharp pain even though now and again I am having that sharp pain and my arms feel between have a jab and having that numbness/ someone punching me in the arm and giving me dead arm. Today my neck is aching really bad, and a cross between a sharp pain and a pulled muscle ache.

I go back to the hospital for a scan in 3 more days but I can't stop worrying .

Has anyone else had this in early pregnancy and it turned out not to be ectopic. Or is it almost certain it is ectopic?

Thought I'd add I've had no bleeding what so ever.
Thank you

I had sharp pain on just my left abdomen around 4 weeks in, and after panicking and worrying I did a scan at 5 weeks where they found the sac. Now I am 8 weeks pregnant and going strong, doctor told me not to worry about it the pain was just your body adjusting to a pregnancy and hormones. Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you for your reply
I went for an emergancy scan as I'm 5 weeks and its not ectopic.... however... I'm having twins!!!! So the doctor said the pain in my shoulders and cramps were basically doubled because of the amount of hormons. Never been so scared in my life!
Just hoping for them to both be healthy :)

Thank you for your reply
I went for an emergancy scan as I'm 5 weeks and its not ectopic.... however... I'm having twins!!!! So the doctor said the pain in my shoulders and cramps were basically doubled because of the amount of hormons. Never been so scared in my life!
Just hoping for them to both be healthy :)
Wow! Huge congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back