Ectopic - experience?

Lozzaste

Reaction score
Hi
I'm in the middle of an ectopic (ovarian) and I've had one shot of methotrexate.
My levels have been
230 (admitted to hospital for treatment)
170 (injection day)
117 - day 4
107 - day 7

I was expecting much more of a decline! It's worrying me as I just want this nightmare to be over! Does anyone have any experience of this and slowly declining levels?
Xxx

Hi sorry your having to go through this I had an ectopic 2 years and had methotrexate aswell it was 2 weeks of going back and fourth can't remember my exact levels hope it gets sorted for you soon

Lots of hugs xx

Did they come down slowly and do you remember how long to get back to zero? Xx

Sorry to hear this Lozzaste, I've got no experience of ectopic xx

Yer it was slow just rest up while this is going on mine was in my Fallopian tube sure it was around 2 weeks my hormone levels were fairly low anyway but baby was quite big xx

Last edited:
@scn - I remember you! How are you doing?
I didn't think I would find myself back here in this particular section of the forum, given we weren't trying!
My ectopic was caused by my coil.
I recall we had some losses at the same time back in 2012/2013.
I had my little boy Oct 2014 but it wasn't plain sailing, he got bacterial meningitis at 4w old and was seriously ill, but he made it and he's a cheeky almost 2yo.
What a journey! Hope all is ok with you xxx

Glad all is well with your boy now.
Yes we shared some sad experiences together but I'm finally on pregnancy number 6 and looks like I'll finally have my take home baby boy .... having an elective section 29th August!
Hope you're doing ok and this is over as quickly as possible for you xx take care xx

I'm so so happy for you! What a long journey! I'll be keeping an eye out for an announcement for you, what really really lovely news! Lots and lots of love! Xxx

Update; I ended up back in hospital for the pain. However, my levels dropped significantly to 52 from 107 so something is working. I'm back home now just trying to manage the pain.

Rest up and take it easy, good to hear your levels are dropping.
Thinking of you xxx

Hi Lozzaste!

I'm so so sorry to see this post :( How are you doing now? x

Hello all! Firstly - scn, looks like congrats are in order!!!!!! Very happy for you.
Harpy! I remember you too! How are you doing?
Ok so finally - after this starting at the beginning of July, two weeks ago my hormone levels returned to "normal" (4 in my case). The pain did NOT go though and helpfully no one mentioned that to me. If anything - at one stage the pain was worse than it had ever been. I called an ambulance as I got really dizzy etc, however with the help of gas & air and painkillers it was managed. I was taking painkillers up until two days ago when I am finally pain free. I feel much better too. My hair is very thin though from the chemo drug they use.
So for anyone else reading this, here's the time line of it all
4 July - "period starts"
Period does not finish. Keeps going!
30th July, INTENSE pain which went after around five hours
Started to feel generally unwell
August 4 - positive pregnancy test
August 9 - two blood tests showed only a very slight rise in hCG. Hospital that night, ectopic diagnosed
August 10 - transvaginal scan, showing right ectopic in ovary
August 10 - dose of methotrexate
Levels at day 4 post injection: 117
Levels at day 7 - 107
Levels at about day 10 - 52
Levels at about day 14 - 33
Levels at day 21 - 4
Pain intensified - day 25
Pain free - day 37
I really thought it was never going to end.
I'm so appreciative that it's over and I'm feeling normal again. I can't actually believe the whole thing to be honest, feels like a bad dream!

I'm so glad you're feeling back to normal again, what a nightmare :(

I'm back! Lol Feels like years since I've been on here! xx

I see you just got a BFP too! Yay!!! Good luck! Xxx

Thank you Lozzaste xx
Jeez you've fairly been through it, glad to hear you're feeling better xx take care xx

I see you just got a BFP too! Yay!!! Good luck! Xxx

Sad to see this post of course :( but super happy to see you had a baby boy whilst I was gone!!! Wow! Sorry I wasn't here to support! But I'm sure you had loads :) brilliant brilliant brilliant x

Thank you Harpy! It wasn't the easiest of times but he's two in about three weeks and a little terror (in a good way). He is very much a mummy's boy. :)
Fingers very firmly crossed for you and huge congrats again xxx

Thank you Harpy! It wasn't the easiest of times but he's two in about three weeks and a little terror (in a good way). He is very much a mummy's boy. :)
Fingers very firmly crossed for you and huge congrats again xxx

Honestly can't tell you how pleased I was to read a birth announcement from you!! Phew i thought, shes done it she'd finally done it! And I missed it! Then starting hunting around all the old names of the others at the same time, loads of the old bunch finally got their rainbows!!

Thank you, I'm trying not to get too excited obviously, only 2 pregnancies, one mc in 4 years, but I'm ok for now!

Ahhhhhh thank you. Yes a lot of us from this thread did indeed get their rainbows, which is so lovely.
When my son was born - we went back to the ward and right outside the window was the biggest and brightest rainbow I have ever seen in my life. I completely lost it at that stage! My husband was rolling his eyes like "hormones" haha.
I took progesterone and aspirin throughout the whole of my pregnancy. It can't do any harm, and I am glad I at least tried it. It was the only thing different about any of the pregnancies. My GP prescribed it on the say so of my consultant and the recurrent miscarriage team.
I'm wishing you all the luck in the world and I'll be keeping a close eye on here for posts - also feel free to message me if you want to talk. Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back