ecstacy pills and sperms

brkcan2003

Reaction score
Hi,
I am an 34 year old man. We have just learned that my wife is pregnant (5 weeks). When we look at our calendar we see that the sexual relationship is at 8th June night which most possibly caused the pregnancy. I have used two ecstacy pills at the midnight which connects 4th June to 5th June. (This was a rare condition and I do not normally use drugs. The previous one which I has used was 2 months ago). You may think that there are three days between the ecstascy usage and the sexual relationship.

My question is: Did the pills made any harm to my sperms and effect the babies health ? Can this situation give any harm to our baby ? Can there be any problem ? Can this cause any birth defect or any negative condition ?

I am so sad about this coincidence because pills or alcohol or ony other material is not a part of my life. I am so sad and worried. If you answer my question I will be so happy. Thanks in advance.

You are probably best asking the dr, and when they offer the nuchal tests etc take them

Last edited:
Oh dear.. I can imagine that the timing of this is causing significant stress for you. From what I've read using ecstasy can damage sperm DNA but this seems to be linked with regular use, so if it was a one-off I wouldn't have thought it could have affected your sperm so drastically as to cause an abnormality. That said as the other post says you need to make sure you take up every screening test offered to you as obviously no one here is going to be able to tell you for sure whether your child will be affected.. (We are all just normal people trying to help each other through conception and pregnancy, most of us are not chemists or doctors!) I do not condone the use of drugs whatsoever, I don't even drink, but even so try not to beat yourself up. I wish you all the best and hope your baby isn't affected x

I agree with Kate, take every screening tests offered. Just so you know, if you are in the UK and tell the doctor you have taken some form of drugs they may contact Social Services to review the family before and after baby is born. It doesn't mean you're a bad person or a regular user hit they have to intervene a bit when drugs are involved xxx

I have read about this quite alot. If you are not a serious user then it is highly unlikely the baby or any future sperm will be affected. Everything will be ok, don't beat yourself up about it and relax and enjoy the pregnancy, congratulations and a happy and healthy 9 months

Thank you very much for your answers. I am really relaxed a bit. We will take all the tests which our doctor offers. I am really stressed and very frightened. In some other forums I have also posted the same question. The common idea is that since I am not a periodic user, and sperms need time to get mature in nearly three months there will not be a problem. I hope our baby will be fine. I really cannot belive the timing...

If someone who reads my post, and has knowledge about the immediate effects of ectasy on sperms, please inform me. If I learn anything I will share with you all. Again thank everybody who has answered my question....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back