Eating out

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
The last few times we've eaten out with baby have been quite stressful - he grabs and screams for things on our plate and gets frantic when he can't reach it or get his hands on Our food. I dont understand because he never does this at home. He's happy with what's on his tray. T restaurants, he has his own stuff on the table in front of him but is so unsettled. I've ended up give him stuff he probably shouldn't have - chocolate crepe ! - in a bid to keep him quiet.

Anyone else know why he's doing this and what I can do? X

some toys that can be cleaned? i attach them to the highchair by some letter links, so they don't fall on the floor? as a distraction might work? (although it gets rather noisy as they get bashed around)
emma is more into glasses so generally a few sips of water from my glass is all it takes.
i also carry snacks around with me (rice cakes etc) in case i am having a curry etc nd she can'thave it.

oh and sit them opposite another baby. emma likes to chat.

thanks - yes, toys don't work! and I normally bring food for him - rice cakes, banana - but he's more interested in my roast dinner/ chocolate crepe!

I don't want to put stuff on the edge of the plate for him to take either., as as he gets older I want him to learn he can't just grab whatever he wants. It's just so strange that he doesn't do this at home at all - maybe my cooking isn't as appetising!!

Could you not just give him some of your food? So if you've got a roast then just give a roast potato and some veg and see if thats what he wants? I usually have to do this now even though my LO is 18 months! Or I give her a spoonful of mine to prove we have the same food lol. If he has a bit of crepe....then so be it! Bet he loves it lol.

I'm dreading the day toys don't work! if that fails, you usually get a bit of bread with your lunch and i give her a bit of that. must just be new and different smells that he is used to at home, especially if you usually have the same thing as him.

Emma has had some chocolate, just grabbed it out of my hand. Bad mummy moment #164. I don't think it would do him any harm in really small bits?

I don't know what to do about grabbing either. I don't mind Emma grabbing my hair but not sure how to tell her not to grab anyone elses?

Even if I give him my food he still grabs! Oh I have him
Some chocolate crepe - he looked
Hilarious, it was literally all over his face!! I think he just eats so overexcited that he wants to
Touch everything.... I'll try and make him
His own plate next time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back