Easy baking ideas/recipes to do with toddler?

fcroxy

Reaction score
I'm not the best cook (but defo getting better! Lol) let alone very good at baking but wanted to try some simple things to bake with Harper, does anyone have any good ideas etc?

Weve done a few packet cupcakes etc but wanna do some proper baking as we did some at Christmas (with my mums help!!) and Harper loved doing it! Xx

If you want to make pizzas do them on Warburton square wraps. My niece and nephew loved making their own. It's easy as you just as puree on wrap. Any topping and cheese or make your own bases if you want haha x

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, never thought of doing pizzas, love the idea! Defo something nice and easy for us to do xx

we used to make cheese straws when i was a tot at playgroup- just make shortcrust pastry with some cheese in it and bake in twist shapes

Why not make real
Cake... It's not hard from scratch.

Or something like rice crispy cakes

banana cake! If you beat the egg and mash the banana and melt the butter before your toddler joins you then you literally mix it all of the ingredients together there's no difficult 'creaming' or anything.

google banana cake and choose a well reviewed 4 or 5 star recipe and you probably cant go wrong. You can even reduce the cooking time.by making into muffins instead of a single cake.

Just basic biscuits can be fun. Not many ingredients and they can get their hands in for a mix, and then cut out different shapes.

My wee girl loves making cakes. Doing them from scratch isn't much more work than the packets and they definitely taste better!xx

And decorating biscuits is good fun :)

Thanks for the ideas.

I use to love decorating biscuits when I was younger, completely forgot about that. Banana muffins sound yummy, definitely going to give them a try xx

We love the pizzas. Pancakes are nice as well. I let my son 'measure' ingredients and he always butters the cake tin. He loves to help with other cooking as well: he has his own plastic knife and when I cut vegetables he cuts with his plastic knife. Mostly he gets plastic toy vegetables, but sometimes something soft like a few mushrooms or a banana. Afterwards, he can stir with a big spoon before I put the food on the fire. They really love to help at this age. Have fun! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back